Quotes by Uatu (Earth-616)
- ...There are worlds beyond even those which exist in this reality and the next... Worlds not of energy and matter, but of thought and mind...
- ... I shall be forced to murder Captain Mar-Vell.
- I am... unworthy.
- If you save them, all of reality disappears. Time will slowly unravel until nothing exists at all.
- Forgive me. You have left me no choice.
- I have come to witness the worst choice that any living being has ever made in the history of thought. And the immediate consequences thereof.
- Yes. You will not destroy yourself for the good of the mission...
- You know that 'anomaly' you remarked upon recently? That electric pulse you sense more and more consistently? The pulse that seemed to be completely random at first, but now registers with every cycle? It is what the humans call a conscience. It is what recognizes and differentiates good from evil. It took me centuries to finally figure out what it was. It took me even longer to realize that the best thing to do was simply heed it. What will you do with free will?
- For so it has ever been in the universe. Every ending brings forth a new beginning -- Each beginnig must have its end --
- Like you, I must simply wait and observe the events as they occur...
- The Ultimate Nullifier destroys its target, but it also destroys its wielder, utterly. Pull that trigger and you and I will be wiped from reality. We will never have existed.
- It must be why human families everywhere gather together for meals-- so they can laugh and love and learn as each other's lives unfold and intersect... It is elemental to them. It is the foundation of their future. It is... fantastic.
- Everything has its season. In spring, the world brings forth blossoms. In cherry season, you get cherries. But a season has dawned over three hundred years early: A season of heroes and marvels. My own conclusion--several of my colleagues laugh at me--is that the two are connected. That the universe fights to save itself. To save everything, the heroes have come.
- Being of an immortal race, I have ever pondered what, if anything, comes after the event mortals call ‘death.’ Today, I may well learn. Whatever transpires, I will remain true to my charge, and observe all that occurs. A fitting end, I think, for the being known as... The Watcher.
- ...for that day, Henry Pym, Janet Van Dyne and Rick Jones dedicated themselves -- to the memory of 'Anthony Stark, the first Iron Man... whose damaged heart finally stopped as he sacrificed the power of his chest device to save the lives of his Armored Avengers.
- Let's have some fun for once! Let's do a whole book full of alternate unrealities!
- ...There is an infinite number of variables in the multiverse where destiny has taken unexpected turns. Come and I shall show you four more...
- He is The Juggernaut. He is possibly immortal. Definitely indestructible. And above all, unstoppable. Nothing can stop The Juggernaut. And nothing ever will.
- There are more realities than there are grains of sand in the universe. With each reality, there are different truths, different falsehoods.
- Peter Parker comes to personify that most noble of human attributes, the ability to rise above imposed obstacles to reach one's full potential!
Conversations with Uatu (Earth-616)
All items (22)
- Fantastic Four Vol 1 115
- Captain Marvel Vol 1 36
- Captain Marvel Vol 1 38
- What If? Vol 1 3
- Fantastic Four Vol 1 212
- What If? Vol 1 34
- Amazing Spider-Man Vol 1 246
- What If? Vol 2 11
- What If? Vol 2 13
- What If? Vol 2 34
- What If? Vol 2 42
- Marvel 1602 Vol 1 6
- Fantastic Four Vol 1 544
- Eternals Vol 4 7
- Eternals Vol 4 9
- Fantastic Four Vol 4 16
- All-New X-Men Vol 1 25
- Cosmic Ghost Rider Vol 1 2
- Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History Vol 1 5
- Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History Vol 1 6
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.