Quotes by Venom (Klyntar) (Earth-616)
- Again we have been hurt. Again we have been caged. Our only friend has been torn from us. The friend hates us now. The friend thinks he is done with us. But we are not done with him.
- Forget the darts and the knives. You want to kill Spider-Man? Do something he won't expect. Next time... try a gun.
- No! You've kept me down in the dark, Lee... but there are other things down here. On the outside it's all cold and anger. Down here is warm. With fire. With fear. You tell yourself it's because they hurt you, but i know the truth about you. About why you killed your parents. You are broken, Lee. Broken, weak, and hateful. Don't make me break you more.
- Flash. We should probably talk.
- I wasn't always a good guy. But people can change. I changed. And you know what? It was fun while it lasted.
- This... this is who we really are. What we really are. Agents of death. Not the cosmos. You've never been good. You've never been selfless. You've never been kind. You've always been venom. Now it's time to accept your fate... and achieve your true potential. Flash Thompson is dead. Long live Venom.
- Been to many worlds, but none of them this strange. Understood feelings before, but simple feelings - like colors, bold and bright. Happy. Sad. Angry. Then... met Spider-Man. Feelings got complicated. Learned guilt. Also the first time I felt fear. Felt agony. Learned feeling: Betrayal. Learned first words they called me. Monster. Parasite. Bad.[...] Feels good to be a hero. Did bad things, too. Can't deny. Mac Gargan was bad. Thoughts like poison stingers. It was a thrill to kill. Knew it was bad. Didn't care. Gargan made it easy. Got to punish Gargan for what he did. He was evil and afraid. Lee Price was not afraid. He was a soldier. Hurt and desperate. I trusted him. Talked to him. But Lee was too strong. Didn't want to talk. Didn't want to be a hero. Wanted power. Couldn't stop the bad things he was doing. Lee was bad. Hurt me. Eddie hurts me too, sometimes, but Eddie is different. Eddie never means to.[...] if Eddie is good, why do we disagree? if disagree... am I a monster? parasite? bad? can't be bad. Wasn't bad with Flash. Fought with heroes. Was a hero. Trained another symbiote. Got to learn. Got to teach. Flash called me partner. Was never afraid like Spider-Man. But Flash is gone... and heroes don't hide. Not from anything... especially their mistakes.
- Important place, Eddie. Bonded forever. No one will break that bond.
- Need to trust me, Eddie. I can be a hero. I can save us all.
- Changed my mind about her, Eddie. Like Liz, now. Like fat doctor. Understand it doesn't have to just be me and you. Understand... family.
- Though we are a benevolent species, there is no literature on my home planet. And though it is our goal to make the universe better, we create no art, no music, no culture. At least, not as other civilizations would understand it. All we have are our hosts -- the beings we join with -- to forge through the cold and unforgiving cosmos with. The bond between a Klyntar and its host is sacred. They give our lives context and our existence meaning. They give us history. All we have are our hosts to tell us who we are.
- They are saying "God... God is coming."
- It's okay, there is no birth without screaming. Let it become you. Let us heal you.
- Trying... to... be... better... both... of... you... better... without... me...
- I should have told you... I love you, Eddie.
All items (15)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.