I have just removed the following text from the main category page. I don't know where this text belongs, but I am certain it does not belong here.
- When Llyra created the clone Llyron II (named for her own Lemurian father), using the genetic material from both herself and Namor's nephew, Leon McKenzie (Leonard's brother's son), she aged him to adulthood and had a portion of her own mind transferred into him, since he was essentially an infant. She then intended to use her Llyron to claim genetic inheritance to the throne of Atlantis, and rallied the Atlantean unfaithful to his/her side by reminding them how often Namor had been remiss in his duties as their leader. After genetic testing many believed s/he was indeed the throne's rightful heir. Llyra and Llyron began disputing over who was really in charge and Llyra lost out.
- Morgan Le Fey forced Atlantis to rise above the waves causing massive destruction and death in Atlantis. Llyron believed Namor must have been somehow responsible for this occurance and rallied the warriors of Atlantis against Namor, but the destruction proved too much and Llyron then lead his surviving followers away from the now risen and destroyed Atlantis. They were last seen wandering as nomads. Presumably they will again re-appear someday to take their revenge against Namor for what they believed to be his fault.
- Meanwhile, briefly the Inhumans set up residence in the surfaced landmass once called Atlantis, with agreement of the now throneless Namor. Those Atlanteans who survived Atlantis' destruction and remained loyal to Namor, such as Vashti and Nita, proceded to rebuild Atlantis near it's original site beneath the waves, calling NEW ATLANTIS.
- After was Namor was presumed killed in the Onslaught ordeal, Nita acted as regent and continued to supervise the rebuilding of Atlantis in his absence. She believed Namor was not dead as reports stated, but somehow off on some important mission that keeps him away. She passed this belief on to her people, but confided to the Silver Surfer she feared that Namor was truly dead and her people would someday finally figure out he was never returning.
- Namor and the other heroes returned and Namor resumed rulership of New Atlantis, which reverted back to the Atlantis name.
- Namor maintains a number of agents on the surface world.
--Supermorff 16:45, 27 July 2007 (UTC)
I don't believe that Lemurian, Atlantean and Homo Mermanus should be merged.
- Atlantean = citizens of Atlantis
- Lemuria = citizens of Lemuria
- Homo mermanus = a species (primarily of those who reside in Atlantis)
--Edlicious 14:07, 13 September 2007 (UTC)
I further believe that there should be a division of actual Human Atlanteans and HomoMermani. There are some Atlanteans that are not Homo Mermani and as the description of this page is currently set. It can lead to some confusion...? Theavengingson 16:05, October 31, 2009 (UTC)
- So there were humans who lived in Atlantis? I see Ed's point. We could move the race pages to Homo mermanus, and leave Atlantean and Lemurian pages as pages like 'Texans' or 'Americans'.
- — Nathan (Peteparker) (Earth-1218) (talk • contribs • email) 20:36, November 2, 2009 (UTC)
Well there are, or were documented Atlanteans from before it sunk. These characters are still technically Atlanteans... though they are not homo mermanus... know what I mean?? Theavengingson 01:35, November 3, 2009 (UTC)