Cerise is an extraterrestrial from the Shi'ar race. A product of genetic experimentation, Cerise claimed to have "emerged from the Source" fully grown. After this, she joined the empire's army known as the Ghrand Jhar, the main conquest arm of the military. However, her commanding officer C'efn used the pretext of their mission as an excuse to commit genocide. After being powerless to stop the extermination of the Knsashii, Cerise mutinied, and as a result causing the death of her crew. After this act of conscientious objection, she fled across the galaxy, eventually coming to Earth.
When she first arrived on, she was clad in a fearsome suit of armor, and could not communicate. Encountered by Nightcrawler and his N-Men, Cerise was assumed to be an invader and was attacked. When Nightcrawler realized she was only defending herself, he called a truce. Cerise, now able to communicate, omitted her Shi'ar heritage, describing herself simply as being "genestock of Subruki, Zarstok and Kuli Ka". Cerise would soon become a member of Excalibur, and eventually romantically involved with Nightcrawler. It was a learning experience, as on her home planet, people did not usually form romantic bonds with one another.
Eventually, after being brought back to the Empire by the Starjammers, Cerise revealed the truth of her past. The Shi'ar empress Lilandra pardoned Cerise for her crimes, given their circumstances, and allowed her to serve out her prison sentence as a personal aide. Cerise's role in the Shi'ar Empire was to investigate reports of brutality and violence.
At one point, Nightcrawler professed he still loved her however, was planning to become a priest and, thus, could not rekindle their relationship.
- Superhuman Strength: As a Shi'ar, she possesses enough strength to lift 1 ton in Earth-like gravity.
- Superhuman Stamina: As a Shi'ar, she possesses 20 times greater stamina than a human.
Red Energy Manipulation: Cerise can generate and control coherent red spectrum light force which she can use for a variety of uses, such as a source of light. This ability seems to be connected to the Hard Skin used by the Kin Crimson.
- Energy Constructs: Cerise can use the red energy to form solid energy constructs. These include swords, armor, force fields, shields, funnels, and more. She once even used this energy to form a bubble to fly a whole broken Sentinel holding a group of her friends within, across the Atlantic Ocean as a means of disguise.
- Concussive Blasts: Cerise can release the energy as concussive blasts.
- Flight: Cerise is also able to fly with and without the use of her energy fields.
- Cerise is a skilled combatant, and is able to use technology far more advanced than contemporary Earth technology.
- Cerise is able to hold her breath for up to six or seven minutes.
Cerise wears gloves that allow her to search for specific lifeforms, energy patterns, and time/dimensional abnormalities in a surrounding area.
- 43 appearance(s) of Cerise (Earth-616)
- 6 appearance(s) in handbook(s) of Cerise (Earth-616)
- 6 minor appearance(s) of Cerise (Earth-616)
- 1 mention(s) of Cerise (Earth-616)
- 4 mention(s) in handbook(s) of Cerise (Earth-616)
- 24 image(s) of Cerise (Earth-616)
- 2 quotation(s) by or about Cerise (Earth-616)