Appearing in "The Economy Is So Bad That…"
- Rampage (Stuart Clarke) (First appearance)
- Emerson Bale (First appearance)
- Amos Crawley (First appearance)
- Rose (Only appearance)
- Anna (Only appearance)
- UCLA football players
- Edward Lansing (Only in flashback)
- his mutates (Only in flashback)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "The Economy Is So Bad That…"
Angel finds out how much money he's inheriting from his parents and plans to use it to incorporate the Champions into a storefront superhero service. He recruits Richard Fenster as their Business Manager after he gets fired from the UCLA due to the damages caused in the first issue. Meanwhile, industrialist Stuart Clarke finds out he will have to declare bankruptcy due to the recession, so he dons the powered exoskeleton he had developed and robs a bank. The Champions fight against him until he captures Angel as a hostage.
- Watanabe is uncredited.
- This issue contains a letters page, Cables of Champions. Letters are published from Larry Twiss, Brett Slack, Joseph Noke, and Martin Greene.