Chan Ho Yin was a street performer in Hong Kong, who inexplicably developed the special gift of pyrokinesis—one of the believed sources is a decommissioned Wan Tai nuclear plant that caught fire close to where he used to live.
He was detected and put on a list of powered beings watched over by S.H.I.E.L.D., and grew angered as he was force to keep his powers hidden while he considered those to have been granted to him for a particular reason.
She successfully encouraged him to go on the way of the public expression of his powers, giving him the name Scorch, and an injection that enhanced his powers, breaking ground into new research that could stabilize the Extremis virus.
Agent Coulson and his team of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents tracked Chan down to free him, but Chan revolted against them, killing Agent Quan. He then tracked and killed the doctor, before the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents were forced to kill him, injecting him with two Extremis doses who made him explode.
Powers and Abilities
Pyrokinesis: Chan could generate fire out of his hands. After his enhancement, he was able to generate it from other parts of his body. He also used his powers in a defensive manner, creating a shield of flames around him.
- Fire Resistance: Chan had a resistance to fire, coming from his blood platelets.
When his blood platelets were removed, Chan could no longer withstand the heat his body generated, and burned from the inside.
- Louis Ozawa Changchien portrays Chan in the Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode "Girl in the Flower Dress."
- 2 appearance(s) of Chan Ho Yin (Earth-199999)
- 1 minor appearance(s) of Chan Ho Yin (Earth-199999)
- 2 mention(s) of Chan Ho Yin (Earth-199999)
- 1 image(s) of Chan Ho Yin (Earth-199999)
- 2 victim(s) killed by Chan Ho Yin (Earth-199999)