Chris and his friend Eric O'Grady, who he grew up with, were tasked with guarding Dr. Henry Pym's lab by a higher ranking agent, Mitch Carson. When Pym went to leave the lab, Eric and Chris panicked and Eric attacked Pym, knocking him unconscious.
Inside the lab, they found the most recent version of Ant-Man's Suit, which Chris put on and promptly activated, shrinking down. Thinking him gone, Eric panicked again and ran off. Chris promptly got lost in the Helicarrier, stuck at the 1-Inch size. Eric, meanwhile, took this opportunity to make a pass at Chris' girlfriend Veronica King, which the miniature Chris saw from an air vent.
Around this time, a group of Hydra employed superhumans attacked the Carrier, and Chris and Eric were caught up in the ensuing chaos. Whilst trying to find a safe place to hide, Chris was killed, and Eric took Ant-Man's Suit off his body. Surviving the Helicarrier crash, Eric continued to work for S.H.I.E.L.D., using his evenings to explore the powers of his new suit.
Powers and Abilities
- Pym Particles: With the assistance of Pym Particles, Chris had the ability to shrink to the size of an ant, while retaining full size strength, and increase in size and communicate telepathically with insects via a cybernetic helmet.
Standard S.H.I.E.L.D. weapons training
As Ant-Man he has the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise. At small size, his is compact and at large size are enhanced.
- Ant-Man's Suit: Various gadgets housed within a shrinking exoskeleton armor ex. retractable robot legs with magnetic grapples
- Mandible-like tools which swing out like claws
- Leg-mounted jet thrusters (this can also be use as a flame-thrower)
- 2 appearance(s) of Chris McCarthy (Earth-616)
- 1 mention(s) of Chris McCarthy (Earth-616)
- 1 image(s) of Chris McCarthy (Earth-616)
- 1 item(s) used/owned by Chris McCarthy (Earth-616)