That city being allied to Troy and neighboring it, it was sacked by Achilles and his Myrmidons among other cities. Along with Briseïs, widow of King Mynes of Lyrnessus, Chryseïs was captured, (and was stated to be among the most beautiful women enslaved by the Achaeans).
Nine years later and after, Chryses caused Apollo's arrow to rain death on the Achaeans, Agamemnon released Chryseïs, and took Briseïs for him, leading to a feud between them, and to Achilles withdrawing from the fight.
- Appearances of Chryses (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Chryses (Earth-616)
- Media Chryses (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Chryses (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Chryses (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Chryses (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|