A mysterious tropical island in the Timor Sea, the Chthonic Island was not found on any maps; its location only being recorded in the Darkhold and privy to high-ranking members of the Darkholders. Though the Timor Sea was traveled by Europeans as far back as circa 1500 AD, but nobody reported anything being at the coordinates of the island, located southeast of Java, two hundred nautical miles east from Kupang.
One such group of sailors, a 19th-century whaling vessel came to isle in june 1821, and left a cemetery behind where the crewmen killed as sacrifices (after being raped) by the Broodlings were buried.
A Temple of Chthon was located in the depths of the jungle at the center of the island, constructed using eldritch architecture; however, this temple was destroyed when Carnage used it to open a rift to K'lay in order to free the elder god.
Points of Interest
- Broodling Village
- Dilapidated Cemetery
- The Green
- Temple of Chthon (Destroyed)
- The Chthonic Island was seemingly Chthon's analogue to Cthulhu's R'lyeh, created by H.P. Lovecraft in the short story "The Call of Cthulhu" (Weird Tales; 1928).
- The dimension of K'lay was another analogous location of R'lyeh, appearing in the same story arc, and accessed on the island.
- 1 article(s) related to Chthonic Island
- 6 appearance(s) of Chthonic Island
- 1 minor appearance(s) of Chthonic Island
- 6 mention(s) of Chthonic Island
- 2 image(s) of Chthonic Island