At one point Obadiah Stane manipulated Tony Stark into a serious relapse. As a result, Stark lost control of Stark International, became a homeless alcoholic vagrant and gave up his armored identity to James Rhodes, who becomes the new Iron Man for a lengthy period of time.
Eventually, Stark recovers and joins a new startup, Circuits Maximus. Stark concentrates on new technological designs, including building a new set of armor as part of his recuperative therapy. Rhodes continues to act as Iron Man but steadily grows more aggressive and paranoid, due to the armor not being calibrated properly for his use. Eventually Rhodes goes on a rampage, and Stark has to don a replica of his original armor to stop him. When Circuits Maximus comes under assault from Stane, Stark uses the completed next-generation Silver Centurion armor to confront Stane in personal combat. Stark's skill proves superior over Stane's unpracticed use of his own variant suit (known as the Iron Monger). Rather than give Stark the satisfaction of taking Stane to trial, Stane commits suicide.
- 1 Circuits Maximus (Earth-616) Members
- 15 Appearances of Circuits Maximus (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Circuits Maximus (Earth-616)
- Media Circuits Maximus (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- Images that include Circuits Maximus (Earth-616)
- Organization Gallery: Circuits Maximus (Earth-616)