Appearing in "Where No X-Man Has Gone Before!"
- Princess Lilandra Neramani (Main story and flashback)
- Emperor D'Ken Neramani
- Eric the Red (Davan Shakari)
- Soul-Drinker (First appearance)
- The Imperial Guard (First appearance)
- Gladiator (First appearance)
- Astra (First appearance)
- Electron (First appearance)
- Fang (First appearance)
- Hobgoblin (First appearance)
- Impulse (First appearance)
- Magic (First appearance)
- Mentor (First appearance)
- Nightside (First appearance)
- Oracle (First appearance)
- Quasar (First appearance)
- Smasher (First appearance)
- Starbolt (First appearance)
- Tempest (First appearance)
- Titan (First appearance)
- Midget (First appearance)
- Unknown One-Eyed Robot Guardsman (Only appearance; dies)
- Unknown Insectoid Guardsman (Only appearance)
- Dr. Peter Corbeau
- Mister Fantastic (Reed Richards) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Thing (Ben Grimm) (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Unidentified alien race (Only in flashback)
- D'Ken's telepathic spies (Only in flashback)
- Unknown Starcore scientist
- Professor X (Charles Xavier) (Only in flashback)
- Havok (Alex Summers) (Only in flashback)
- Polaris (Lorna Dane) (Only in flashback)
- Z'Nox (Only in flashback)
- Black Tom Cassidy (Only in flashback)
- Juggernaut (Cain Marko) (Only in flashback)
- Magneto (Magnus) (Only in flashback)
- Firelord (Pyreus Kril) (Only in flashback)
Races and Species:
- Mutants (Main story and flashback)
- Humans (Main story and flashback)
- Shi'ar (Main story and flashback)
- Xandarians (Only in flashback)
- Wolverine's Suit
- Adamantium (On Wolverine's claws)
- Cyclops' Visor, ver. 2
- M'kraan Crystal (First appearance)
- Image Inducer
Synopsis for "Where No X-Man Has Gone Before!"
Transported to another galaxy via stargate, the X-Men (including the Phoenix) find themselves on the ancient and mostly barren planet in the heart of the Shi’Ar Empire. They are in pursuit of their enemy, Erik the Red, who has abducted the alien, Lilandra Neramani.
The Shi’Ar Empire spans its entire home galaxy. Currently, it is ruled over by the insane Emperor D’Ken (Lilandra’s brother). Erik the Red is revealed to be Davan Shakari, a high-ranking Shi’Ar official loyal to D’Ken. Although mostly barren, this world does contain the M’Kraan Crystal, a mammoth and legendary jewel that contains unimaginable power. D’Ken has come here with an entourage of about twenty members of the empire’s Imperial Guard in order to access the power of the Crystal. Legend states that when the stars are aligned in a particular way (as they have just recently done), then the Crystal can be penetrated and its power unleashed.
Shakari has brought Lilandra to be an offering to the demonic “Soul Drinker” beast which lurks upon this world. Cyclops demands that D’Ken hand over Lilandra to the X-Men. D’Ken dismisses him and orders his Imperial Guard to kill the X-Men. A ferocious battle commences. The X-Men hold their own against the Guard, despite the latter team’s much larger number of combatants.
Emperor D’Ken unleashes the Soul Drinker on Lilandra, but Nightcrawler teleports to her rescue and spirits her away to the X-Men’s side of the battlefield. The Soul Drinker therefore takes an unnamed member of the Imperial Guard in her place as its sacrifice. Elsewhere in the war zone, Wolverine’s uniform gets shredded. He finds an Imperial Guardsman named Fang with a similar build to his, knocks him out, and takes his uniform.
Lilandra reveals that D’Ken intends to use the M’Kraan Crystal to gain absolute power. She opposed him and became his enemy and a fugitive of the empire. She explains further that she was first psychically connected to Professor Xavier when he used his mental powers to thwart an alien invasion by the Z'Nox; she journeyed to Earth to seek his aid in the hope that he could aid her resistance efforts.
Inexorably, the X-Men are being overwhelmed by the sheer number of their opponents. But the tide of the battle is turned by the arrival of the Starjammers, a group of interstellar pirates who join the X-Men in battle against the Guard. Phoenix mind-probes their leader Corsair and is shocked by what his thoughts reveal.
Suddenly the M’Kraan Crystal pulsates… and for a fraction of a second, reality ceases to exist! Back on Earth, Peter Corbeau warns the Fantastic Four that should reality suffer more cosmic “blinks”, the universe will be destroyed.
Appearing in "What Stuff Our Dreams Are Made Of..."
- Unnamed members (Death)
- Professor X (Charles Xavier) (Vision)
- Emperor D'Ken (Appears on a computer screen, TV, or hologram only)
- Steelback Warriors (Only appearance)
- Captain K'rk N'Kzaii (First appearance chronologically)
- Sharra (Invoked)
- K'ythri (Invoked)
- Sharon Xavier (Vision)
- X-Men (Vision)
- The Z'Nox (Vision)
- Lucifer (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- M'kraan Crystal (Mentioned)
- A Shi'ar military spaceship
Synopsis for "What Stuff Our Dreams Are Made Of..."
Lilandra is fleeing the Shi'ar when she's hit with stray psychic energy from Professor X's counter-attack on the Z'Nox. She briefly harbors both Xavier's memories and her own and has difficulty sorting them out. When she regains her senses, she decides to go to Xavier and his X-Men for help.
Appearing in "untitled"
Synopsis for "untitled"
Back cover pinup.
The reprint includes three new pages with additional material. For a synopsis of what was added:
- In Greenwich Village, the rear end of the Phoenix is seen while the rest of her body has just entered the stargate. She is leaving after the other The X-Men. Behind her are Professor X (seated on the ground) and Misty Knight. Misty asks the Professor what has he done, and where has he sent the X-Men. He replies that he does not know where they are going. But he is certain that if they fail in this mission the universe will be doomed.
- The traveling X-Men are lost in their respective thoughts.:
- Cyclops is thinking about "Jean". How she used to be the weakest X-Man. And now she is the Phoenix, blasting through the heavens without batting an eyelash. She has changed a lot since becoming the Phoenix. He doubts if there place in Phoenix's life for him anymore.
Links and References
-  plot summary at uncannyxmen.net
- First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|