- But isn't that what you want to hear, doctor? That I was a poor, abused child? That my mother beat me? My father molested me? That I was tortured and hung by ankles over a pit of broken glass? Well, maybe that's all true. Or, maybe... I'm just the inevitable aberration. The soul that's born so black, so twisted, so filled with unreasoning hatred... that there's no explanation. You can't make me sane, doctor. You can't hope to redeem me. All you can do is kill me. Because, if you don't-- I'll break out of here. You have my word on that. And the blood-- the glorious blood-- will flow like wine!
- -- Carnage src
Cletus Kasady seemingly had a similar history as his Earth-616 counterpart. He may have been either abused or ignored by his parents, but in any case, he developed a mental illness and became a serial killer. He bonded with a symbiote and was nicknamed by the media Carnage. He was defeated by Spider-Man, locked up in Ravencroft Institute, and was being treated by Dr. Ashley Kafka.
The United States Congress appointed Cassandra Briar to cure Cletus. She implanted a chip into him that inhibited his hostile tendencies; however, the symbiote was able to disable the chip and Cletus faked being sane. Briar took Cletus to Gotham City, where she also cured The Joker. Carnage eventually revealed himself and attempted to kidnap Cassandra and Joker and while Cassandra was rescued by Batman and Spider-Man, Carnage escaped with Joker.
At a warehouse, Carnage disabled Joker's chip and he returned to insanity. Carnage proposed a team-up and Joker agreed. They moved to Joker's base, but began to argue as Joker described his plan. While Joker wanted intricate plans, Carnage simply wanted mass homicide. During the argument, Joker escaped and blew up the building. Carnage attempted to fake his death and trap Joker, only to be discovered by Batman and Spider-Man. He grabs Batman and is about to kill him only to be interrupted by Joker. Joker declared his intent of releasing a toxin, killing them all before Cletus could kill Batman. Scared of dying, Cletus loses control of the symbiote, allowing Batman to knock him out.
- 1 Appearances of Cletus Kasady (Earth-7642)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Cletus Kasady (Earth-7642)
- Media Cletus Kasady (Earth-7642) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Cletus Kasady (Earth-7642)
- 1 Quotations by or about Cletus Kasady (Earth-7642)
- Character Gallery: Cletus Kasady (Earth-7642)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|