- When I get out of here, and I will, there's gonna be carnage.
- -- Cletus Kasady src
Cletus Kasady was born in Brooklyn. In his childhood, he was known to torture his mother's dog, and when he was orphaned he stayed at St. Estes Home for Boys, but he was later accused of burning down the orphanage which killed the disciplinarian administration. He also once pushed a girl in front of a bus, killing her instantly, for simply not agreeing to go out with him.
He became a notorious serial killer who was arrested by the FBI and imprisoned in San Quentin State Prison. Prior to his incarceration, Kasady killed his grandmother by pushing her down a flight of stairs and embarked on a massacre in New York City and murdered 11 people on Ryker's Island. Following the massacre, Kasady dug up his mother's grave.
According to Eddie Brock's notes, Cletus Kasady is an insane, anti-social, homicidal maniac with a lust for destruction; and finds random bloodshed to be the path to freedom. Brock also speculated that Kasady has an Oedipus complex based on him unearthing his mother's grave.
- Eddie's prop notes for his meeting with Cletus were put on display at the 2018 New York Comic Con, and contain numerous references to the character's comic book backstory as well as the Maximum Carnage event.
- In the extended version of Eddie's meeting with him, Cletus mockingly confessed to cannibalizing his victims and attempted to persuade Eddie to give him his pen.
- Paolo Giandoso, a senior concept artist working for the DNEG special effects studio, released concept art indicating that Cletus was originally planned to be the film's antagonist, bonding to a symbiote to become Carnage, before being replaced by Riot early in development.
- 1 Appearances of Cletus Kasady (Earth-TRN688)
- Minor Appearances of Cletus Kasady (Earth-TRN688)
- Media Cletus Kasady (Earth-TRN688) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Cletus Kasady (Earth-TRN688)
- 1 Quotations by or about Cletus Kasady (Earth-TRN688)
- Character Gallery: Cletus Kasady (Earth-TRN688)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Daniels, Omari (October 9, 2018). ‘Venom:’ Eddie Brock’s Notes Sets Up Carnage As Sequel Antagonist. Heroic Hollywood. Retrieved on December 31, 2018.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Venom (film)
- ↑ Giandoso, Paolo (2 February 2019). Venom, Ani-Concept, Symbiote Smackdown. ArtStation. Retrieved on 13 April 2019.
|Like this? Let us know!|