Shortly before the events of the supervillain breakout that led to the formation of the Avengers, Black Widow betrayed him and branded him a double-agent working with Hydra. S.H.I.E.L.D. proceeded to lock Barton up in one of the four major supervillain prisons. During the breakout however, he escaped; and also had a brief confrontation with Iron Man, who at the time thought that he was just another villain.
Joining the Avengers
Eventually Barton's name was cleared and he was offered an opportunity to be reinlisted as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. Barton however refused, saying that he didn't want to be part of the same organization that locked him up. It wasn't long afterwards that he became a member of the Avengers; fighting alongside several of Earth's mightiest heroes to put a stop to threats such as Kang's invasion of Earth and the Leader's attempt to turn everyone into gamma-irradiated monsters. 
- Voiced by Chris Cox
- Although Barton in the Avengers series has the same costume, personality, and abilities as the Earth-616 Hawkeye, his work as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent alongside the Black Widow is a concept that was taken directly from the Ultimates books and the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- as of Deadliest Man Alive he has appeared 31 of 43 episodes.
- 48 Appearances of Clinton Barton (Earth-8096)
- Minor Appearances of Clinton Barton (Earth-8096)
- Media Clinton Barton (Earth-8096) was Mentioned in
- 15 Images featuring Clinton Barton (Earth-8096)
- 4 Quotations by or about Clinton Barton (Earth-8096)
- Character Gallery: Clinton Barton (Earth-8096)
- Characters killed by Hawkeye
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|