Clive Reston was an agent of MI-6 and an ally to Denis Nayland Smith and Shang-Chi. During his time with MI-6, he started a relationship with Leiko Wu, but she left him for Simon Bretnor, who turned out to be the mad assassin Mordillo.
Reston represented MI6 at the meeting of British intelligence chiefs at Portwell House following Dracula's declaration of war.
Powers and Abilities
Clive's weapon of choice is an ASP 9mm handgun.
- In Captain Britain and MI-13 #11 he is referred to as Sir Clive Reston KCBE. "KCBE" is not a real British postnominal: it is a confusion between KCB (Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath) and KBE (Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire). Presumably the latter was intended.
- Giant-Size Master of Kung Fu #3 and Clive Reston's entry in the All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z: Update #2 give hints as to Clive Reston's famous relatives. His father was supposed to be James Bond ("an MI-6 agent with a 00 license to kill, and Clive took after his father's [...] love of terrible puns"), and his great-uncle the master detective Sherlock Holmes ("a private detective, from whom Clive inherited deductive reasoning talent and a habit for smoking a meerschaum pipe"). However, due to licensing rights, this could never be stated outright.
- 105 appearance(s) of Clive Reston (Earth-616)
- 2 minor appearance(s) of Clive Reston (Earth-616)
- 1 mention(s) of Clive Reston (Earth-616)
- 9 image(s) of Clive Reston (Earth-616)
- 3 quotation(s) by or about Clive Reston (Earth-616)