The Collector had a vision seeing powerful things that would rise, determined to destroy the universe. He decided to prevent this from happening and that he would dedicate his life to collecting artifacts and living beings throughout the universe to place them out of danger. Then, after the destruction of the universe, he could re-populate it and bequeath the knowledge and cultures from past. He built a great spaceship and began his work with the help of Gatherers, stopping on every world to collect a sample of its greatest achievements, as well as living representatives of each of their lifeforms.
In a matter of years, the ship was full and he had to stop in order to collect expanded facilities for his "permanent collection". Using robo-mechanics bought on planet Cron, the Collector transferred his collection. Every time his ship's hold became full, the Collector would return to his museum-worlds to place the new samples. He has currently filled up ten "museum-worlds" with artifacts from one-hundred-thousand planets. With the passing of eons, his monomania became more obsessive, until he forgot the original reason for his collection.
The Collector eventually developed a traveling menagerie. This allowed him to showcase his new acquisitions, raise funds, and add more specimens to his collection. The Guardians of the Galaxy were temporarily imprisoned at this facility while it was stopped near Pluto.
- Ali Babba's Lamp: that can summon a four-headed Djinn with mystical powers.
- Ali Babba's Flying Carpet: Persian "flying carpets" and a "flying cape" that allowed flight.
- Biogram Image: creates an image of the wielder while hiding his real location.
- Birthstones: Can summon a Vulture of Nepenthe, whose claws are allegedly electrified. The pellets never get used, however, so the exact stats of the beasts are unknown.
- Boxes: are rectangular "inter-dimensional traps" that can weaken a victim's strength or sanity. 
- Coats of Hercules: These animated animal hides engulf their targets totally, cutting off their oxygen supply enough to render them unconscious. They were even able to subdue Thor.
- Etherion Armor: His armored battle-suit is made of the alien metal etherion, which amplifies the wearer's strength to superhuman levels, and it has jets that permit flight.
- Dergosian Gun:This large artillery weapon fires pellets which freeze metal joints.
- Cosmic Viewer: with which he can monitor events on various worlds.
- Electrified Comb: can be electrified, which allows it stay attached to anyone touching it.
- Incendiary Capsules: can burst into flames a few seconds after being discarded, and the Collector has used them to discourage pursuit.
- Kymellian Flute: can translate any language.
- Magic Beans: that can conjure up warrior Giants.
- Obedience Potion: with which the Collector can compel a victim to do his bidding.
- Philosopher's Stone: The Collector used this to transform the Glob from his human form back into his more globby form.
- Reality Gem: He formerly possessed the Reality Gem, but he did not understand its power.
- Shockwave Gong: This large gong was enough to stop Quicksilver in his tracks, although Goliath was unaffected by it.
- Stun Gun: was used to keep his Venusian Anemone-Retriever in line.
- Temporal Assimilator: that allows time travel.
- The Poison: The most powerful poison in the known universe, this was able to kill even Wonder Man and the Silver Surfer.
- Tibetan Crystal Balls: that emit mystical rays.
- Time Probe: allowed him to find and procure artifacts from other time periods. 
- Vampire Stones: when hit together, can summon or banish a swarm of vampire bats.
- Vandarian Power Wand: So powerful it can hurt Thor, although it was reflected by the Iron Man Armor.
The Collector also has zoos of alien beasts which he can release to attack his adversaries.
- Snake-Eyes: an enormous alien serpent with hypnotic powers.
Our Reality (Earth-1218)
Marvel Cinematic Universe (Earth-199999)
The Collector had a Museum on Knowhere. He housed the galaxy's largest collection of fauna, relics, and species of all manner. Tivan's collection comprised multiple sentient creatures including a Dark Elf, a Chitauri warrior, a Frost Giant, a Duckworldian, a Krylorian, a Rainer, and numerous others. Tivan also possessed rare and unique pieces such as an Evolutionary Cocoon, the Aether, Cosmo the Cosmonaut dog, and various skeletal and mummified remains of species.
The Museum was damaged when Carina, in an act of defiance, laid her hand on the Infinity Stone within the Orb in an attempt to try and harness it's power. The ensuing explosion appears to have release most (if not all) of the Collector's specimens.
The Museum was destroyed when Thanos came for the Aether, which was subsequently materialized into the Reality Stone. Expecting the Guardians of the Galaxy, namely Gamora, to come to stop him, Thanos used the Stone's power to create an illusion in which he was confronting the Collector. After Gamora killed his fake, Thanos lifted the illusion, disappearing the illusionary Collector as well. The fate of the real Collector is unknown.
Marvel Avengers Academy (Earth-TRN461)
The Cosmic Conservatory was a school run by the Collector. Gamora compared the school to a museum or a prison than a school, since Collector collected young powerful beings around the cosmos himself and held them at the Conservatory as part of his collection. After Thanos had taken over the campus, Rocket Raccoon and Iron Man destroyed the school.
Points of Interest
- 102 article(s) related to Collector's Museum
- 34 appearance(s) of Collector's Museum
- 4 minor appearance(s) of Collector's Museum
- 5 mention(s) of Collector's Museum
- 36 image(s) of Collector's Museum