Appearing in "The Lair of the Ice Worm"
- Conan (Main story and flashback)
- Ilga (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Snow Devil (Mentioned)
- Unnamed primitive men/"hairy man eater" (Only appearance; dies)
- Remora (Ice Worms) (First appearance)
- Aesir (Mentioned)
- Njord (Mentioned)
- Turanian Army (Mentioned)
- Virunian Tribe (First appearance)
- Ilga's uncle (Only appearance; dies) (Only in flashback)
Deities and Invocations:
Races and Species:
Events and Eras:
Synopsis for "The Lair of the Ice Worm"
Conan, leaving his Aesir companions, decided to head south through the Border Kingdoms and into Nemedia. In the snow covered passage he encounters a group of cavemen threatening a girl. He slays the cavemen, losing his horse in the process, and speaks to the woman, Ilga, whose tribe was ambushed by the cavepeople, her being the only survivor. Conan is forced to knock Ilga unconscious when he tries to take Ilga to the safety of a nearby cave and she has a panic attack. Conan takes her to the cave and lights a fire, and when Ilga awakens, calmer now, she and the barbarian keep warm in other ways. That night a musical sound and hypnotic eyes lure the girl deeper into the caverns as Conan. The next morning, Conan, noticing the girl is gone, searches the area and, when following a slithering trail emerging from a hole in the cave, finds his horse stripped of all flesh, and a little further along finds the skeleton of Ilga. Apparently, the girl's fears of going into the cavern rang true, and Conan recalls stories of a remora, a vampiric ice worm, that breathes cold instead of fire. Conan decides to get his revenge on the creature and fills his helmet with heated coals. He goes deeper into the cave and encounters the furry dragon-like creature, and hurls the helmet's contents into the creature's mouth as the creature begins to sing its siren song. The fire reacts with the ice worm's insides and, as Conan runs as fast as he can, the remora bursts in an explosion of ice and steam. Conan, blown clear of the glacier in the explosion, brushes himself off and heads south.
Appearing in "People of the Dark"
- Richard Brent (First appearance) (In Modern Age)
- Eleonor Rand (First appearance) (In Modern Age)
- Tamera (First appearance) (In Hyborian Age)
- Gaeric (First appearance) (In Hyborian Age)
- Aquilonian Army and their Gundermen allies (In Hyborian Age)
- People of the Dark / Children of the Night (In Modern and Hyborian Ages)
Races and Species:
- Little People / People of the Dark (First appearance)
- Dwarves (Mentioned)
- Elves (Mentioned)
- Trolls (Mentioned)
- Hell (Invoked)
Synopsis for "People of the Dark"
Immediately after the Battle of Venarium, Conan stalks through the streets and spies Tamera and Gaeric, her lover. As the men fight, Tamera steals away into a nearby cave. The men briefly put aside their differences when they hear Tamera's terrified scream. The men separate and Conan eventually stumbles across a black altar with Tamera and Gaeric bound to it. A race of reptile/spider/humanoid creatures are planning to sacrifice them. Conan frees them and they escape through the caverns to a waterfall, where they split up again. The creatures chase Tamera and Gaeric to one side of the falls, and they fight and fall to their deaths, while Conan, safe on the opposite bank, escapes the other way.
- Also reprints Conan stories from various daily newspapers for 1978: Oct 19-21, 23-28, 30-31; Nov 01-04, 06-09 (Sunday strips not included).
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Conan Saga Vol 1 37 on the forums
- 1 Images from Conan Saga Vol 1 37
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|