Appearing in "Web of the Spider-God"
- Thanix (Only appearance; dies) (Main story and flashback)
- Tork (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Lea (First appearance)
- The Brotherhood (First appearance)
- Sarkon (First appearance)
- Omm, the Many-Legged / the Unspeakable (First appearance)
- The Man of Many Scars (Only appearance; dies)
Other Characters: (Main story and flashback)
- High priest (Mentioned)
- Zamora's king (Mentioned)
Deities and Invocations:
- Crom (Invoked)
- Ishtar (Invoked)
- Mitra (Invoked)
- Mannanan Mac Lir (Invoked)
- Lir (Invoked)
- Morrigan (Invoked)
- Macha (Invoked)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Web of the Spider-God"
Conan is attacked by marauders near an oasis. Surprisingly, Conan is defeated and knocked unconscious. When he awakens, he stumbles through the sands for some time. After having a vision of a giant spider, he finally arrives at an oasis and is helped by an elderly desert dweller, Thanix. The old man tells Conan about Omm, the spider-god worshipped in the Zamoran city of Yezud, and that the priests have kidnapped his daughter to be sacrificed. In return for saving his life, Conan travels with Thanix to Yezud and quickly runs afoul of Yezud's soldiers. Conan and Thanix are tossed into the dungeon where all the sacrifices are kept. Conan causes a distraction to allow Tork, a spy from Shadizar, to escape. Tork has a plan to destroy the city by creating a rockslide in the caverns underneath the town. Conan is brought to Modar, the high priest of Omm, for sacrifice, and sees the gigantic spider the town worships. Conan breaks free and throws the frail priest into the spider's web where he is killed. Conan is pushed into the web himself, but manages to fend off Omm. The wounded spider tries to crawl back into its cave but Conan doesn't stop stabbing and beating it. The townspeople, furious that the barbarian treats its god so, attacks, and Thanix is killed. At that moment the city starts to collapse into the ground as Tork has succeeded in sabotaging the tunnels. Conan and Thanix's daughter, Lea, escape, and Lea and Tork go to Shadizar as Conan continues his wanderings.
The title says it all: "The Web of the Spider-God!" Is it human - or monster - or thing from Beyond? A real shocker!
- Story plotted by John Jakes, the author of "Brak, the Barbarian".
- This issue is reprinted in Conan Saga #5, Conan Classic #11 and Essential Conan the Barbarian, Volume 1.
- synopsis by YardIHS
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Conan the Barbarian Vol 1 13 on the forums
- 2 Images from Conan the Barbarian Vol 1 13
- 3 Reprints of Conan the Barbarian Vol 1 13
Links and References
- Conan article at Wikipedia
- Conan comic series article at Wikipedia
- Conan official website
- Conan wiki
|Like this? Let us know!|