Appearing in "A Sword Called Stormbringer!"
- Swords of Chaos (First appearance)
- Hooded Ones (First appearance)
- Xiombarg, Queen of the Chaos Swords (First appearance) (Vision)
- Chaos Pack (First appearance)
- Prince Gaynor the Damned (First appearance)
- Marduk (Gaynor's steed) (First appearance)
- Kulan Gath (First appearance)
- Thoth-Amon (Mentioned)
- Terhali, the Green Empress (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Terhali's foe-men (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Terhali's father (Mentioned)
- Terhali's mother (Mentioned)
Deities and Invocations:
- Crom (Mentioned)
- Sun-God (Referenced)
- Lords of Law (Mentioned)
- Lord Arkyn (Voice)
- Serusha, Goddess of Rain and Driving Storm (Invoked)
Races and Species:
- Horses with beaks (First appearance)
- Melnibonéans (First appearance)
- Melnibonéan-Demon Hybrids (First appearance)
- Mortal plane
- Hyboria / Hyborian World
- Zamora (Mentioned)
- Stygia (Mentioned)
- Hell (Invoked)
- Melniboné (First appearance)
- Yagala (First appearance) (Only in flashback) (Moved to Hyboria)
- Unnamed plane where gods dwell and there is war eternal between the forces of Law and Chaos (First appearance)
- "Some distant netherworld palace" (First appearance)
- Sun (Referenced)
- Rion's Pendant
- Conan's sword (Enchanted by Zukala)
- Gaynor's enchanted blade (First appearance)
- Stormbringer (First appearance)
Synopsis for "A Sword Called Stormbringer!"
After the events of the last issue, Conan travelled far and now rides through Koth, the southern neighbour of Zamora.
A group of hooded killers stalk a fleeing woman on horseback, but Conan is nearby and comes to her rescue. Just the touch of one of the hooded men's sword fells the barbarian, but before they can finish him off, a flock of giant eagles appears to chase the men away. The girl turns out to be Zephra, daughter of the wizard Zukala, who Conan met some years before. Zephra was searching him bidding his help. The wizard himself, without the power of his mask, has become a frail old man, and seeks Conan's help in defeating the evil of Kulan Gath and his henchwoman Xiombarg. He asks Conan to go to the city of Yagala, which has been transported thousands of years ago from another dimension, as a jail for the dead-but-not-so-dead body of an evil sorceress and empress. Zukala enchants Conan's sword and Zephra guides the barbarian to the city. The wizard then truns his attention to the chaos godess Xiombarg, who is preparing to send her captain, Gaynor, after Conan. Xiombarg senses Zukala's spying and breaks the connection. Some time later, Conan and Zephra encounter a traveler from Yagala's dimension - Elric of Melnibone. Conan assumes the pale rider is his enemy and attacks. Conan is unable to best the magically enhanced and armored Elric, and both parties stop fighting when they realize neither is working for Xiombarg. Suddenly, the undead forces of Gaynor attack. A vicious fight begins, only ending when Zephra uses her magic to call forth a flood of rain that washes the hellish flesh of the damned away, though Gaynor gets away. As Elric is also heading for Yagala, the three decide to travel together.
"A Sword Called Stormbringer!" The black-maned barbarian battles the warrior-king Elric - and the hordes of Hell!