Appearing in "Flame Winds of Lost Khitai!"
- Wan Tengri's guards (First appearance)
- Unnamed blonde slave / tentacled thing (Only appearance; dies)
- Crom (Invoked)
- Cheng-Ho, the Moon Goddess (Invoked)
- Li-Kung the Thunderer (First appearance)
- Amytis (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Captain Malthuz (Mentioned)
- Hill Tribes (Mentioned)
- Prince Yezdigerd (Mentioned)
- King Yildiz (Mentioned)
- Nine thousands gods of Khitai (Invoked)
- Tsien Hui (First appearance)
- Seven Wizards of Wan Tengri (Mentioned) / All-High Ones
- Tsien Hui's women (First appearance)
- Bourtai (Shadow only) ("Apish gargoyle") (Unnamed)
Races and Species:
- Hell (Invoked)
Synopsis for "Flame Winds of Lost Khitai!"
Conan, on a mission from Narim-Bey, his commanding officer in Aghrapur, is smuggled into Wan Tegri by a shepherd. The sky above the city is covered in a reddish, harmless flame, and Conan's job is to assess if Wan Tengri is worth King Yildiz's efforts to conquer. Upon his arrival in he city, Conan steals a purse from a passerby, and is surprised that the magical flame wind whispers to him to halt. The wind also tells the guards where Conan is, and soon he is chased by several soldiers. He shakes them and heads to Tsien Hui to cash in the gems he has stolen. Unfortunately, the purse belonged to a wizard, who magically teleports the gems away and replaces them with a viper. Frustrated, Conan kills the viper just as the soldiers find him once again. He escapes into Tsien Hui's harem chamber and lingers a few moments with the women there. A beautiful blonde explains that the only exit is through a secret passage under the pool, and she takes Conan underwater. True to her word, a cavern leads her and Conan out, but while they are under, she reveals her true monstrous form, that of a tentacles sea creature. She entangles Conan and stings him repeatedly with her suckers until he finally frees his sword and slays her. Desperate for air, Conan swims toward a light source and climbs out of a pool elsewhere on the estate. He collapses in pain and exhaustion, not noticing the slouching, shadowed form moving towards him.
- Freely adapted from the Flame Winds novel by Norvell Page, by permission of Conde Nast, copyright holders.
- Synopsis by YardIHS.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Conan the Barbarian Vol 1 32 on the forums
- Images from Conan the Barbarian Vol 1 32
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|