Appearing in "The Hell-Spawn of Kara-Shehr"
- Bourtai (Death)
- Erlik (Invoked)
- Thousand gods of Khitai (Invoked)
- Crom (Invoked)
- Unnamed wanderer (Only appearance; dies)
- Serpent-God Set (Mentioned)
- Zukala (Mentioned)
- Mitra (Invoked)
Races and Species:
- Azure Eye of Kara-Shehr (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The Hell-Spawn of Kara-Shehr"
Conan, and Bourtai head through the desert when they encounter a man hassled by bandits. They ride to the man's rescue, but are too late; with the man's dying breath he tells them about the Azure Eye, a great jewel from the city of Kara-Shehr. A sandstorm consumes them, and when it disperses, they find the lost city. Conan is wary, but Bourtai wants the jewel, and they search through the ruins. In the castle's throne room they find a skeleton clutching a great blue gem, and, although Conan is sure the instant anyone touches the gem the skeleton will come to life (he's been in that situation before), Bourtai takes the prize, to no seeming skeletal resurrection. Conan makes him put it back, and the skeletal hand closes on the gem. At that moment, the bandits appear, having tracked Conan, and their leader, Kai Shaah, who encountered Conan before, takes the gem. A mysterious creature of mists and fangs bursts from the wall and kills Kai Shaah, as Conan works on the bandits. In the melee, Bourtai also grabs the jewel and the creature turns on him, leaving only a skeleton. Conan, the only one remaining, turns and walks away.
- "The Hell-Spawn of Kara-Shehr" is freely adapted from The Fire of Asshurbanipal by Robert E. Howard, which is considered as part of the Cthulhu Mythos.
- Synopsis by YardIHS.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Conan the Barbarian Vol 1 35 on the forums
- 2 Images from Conan the Barbarian Vol 1 35
|Like this? Let us know!|