Appearing in "Wolf-Woman!"
- Conan (Also appears in recap)
- Stefanya (Also appears in recap)
- Lupalina, the Wolf Mistress/the Wolf-Woman (First appearance)
- Ursla, the Bear-Woman (Vision)
- Peasants (First appearance)
- Gwineer (First appearance)
- Torkal Moh, Baron of Ravengard (Death) (Also appears in recap)
- Ravengard soldiers (Also appears in recap)
- Carnivorous plants (First appearance)
- "Torkal Moh's dark god" / "The Dweller in the Pool" / Pthassiass (First appearance)
- Crom (Invoked)
- Merdoramon (Recap)
- Villagers of Sfanol (Recap)
- Shokkoth (Recap)
- Zoqquanor (Corpse) (Recap)
- Themas Herklar, regent of Phalkar (Mentioned)
- Two sorcerers (Mentioned)
- Mitra (Invoked)
- Ishtar (Invoked)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Wolf-Woman!"
Conan, in danger of being eaten by rats, screams in frustration, which causes one of the rats to knock over a clay mug that Torkal Moh had cruelly left just out of reach. The cup now in his reach, Conan grabs and shatters it, using the jagged edges to cut through his bindings. He begins to chase after Torkal Moh but runs afoul of a herd of wolves. He is saved at the last minute by their mistress, Lupalina, who decides to help Conan retrieve the amulet he has been tasked to deliver. Lupalina has her own reasons for helping Conan, and she seems to be familiar with Stefanya. The two of them reach Torkal Moh's castle, and wait to ambush a small raiding party carrying defeated slaves. The slaves join with Conan and, disguising themselves as soldiers, the group gains entrance to the castle and open the doors wide open for the small army. Inside the castle, Conan finds and hamstrings Torkal Moh, who reveals that Stefanya is in the dungeon and the amulet has been given to the Gifting Tree. A servant, Gwineer, leads Conan to Stefanya, then to the tree, which is deep in a magical garden next to a large pool. littered with gold, gems, and treasure as offerings to Torkal Moh's dark god. Unfortunately, as Conan retrieves his amulet, the gigantic, octopod, monstrous god Pthassiass rises from the pool.
- The issue is freely adapted from the novel Kothar and the Conjurer's Curse by Gardner F. Fox.
- Inks by Giordano (figures) and Austin (backgrounds).
- Synopsis by YardIHS.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Conan the Barbarian Vol 1 49 on the forums
- 1 Images from Conan the Barbarian Vol 1 49
|Like this? Let us know!|