Appearing in "Man Born of Demon!"
- Temple guards
- Mitra (Invoked)
- Crom (Invoked)
- Thomond (Mentioned)
- Chrysala (Mentioned)
- Belthamquar, Father of Demons (First appearance)
- Thelonia, Mother of Demons (First appearance)
- Azthamur of the Hundred Hells (Mentioned)
- Torkhal Moh (Mentioned)
- Ishtar (Invoked)
- Zoqquanor (Death)
- Merdoramon (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Golden Pol-Birds (Mentioned)
- Gods (Invoked)
- Vultures (Mentioned)
- Buzzards (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Man Born of Demon!"
Conan shows up at the entrance to Unos's palace with a covered cage, demanding to see the regent to give him a gift. He pushes his way into the palace, and a bored Unos allows him to speak. Conan pulls the sheet aside to reveal a bizarre, magical, talking bird, who informs Unos that Stefanya, rightful ruler of Phalkar, still lives, and that the previous regent was killed in a plot instigated by the court wizards, Thalkalides and Elviriom. The bird also claims that Unos is an unnatural creation of demonic magic, formed through the powers of the demons Belthamquar and Thelonia. Although the wizards demand Conan's immediate death, Unos halts the guards, as Conan has opened his eyes to the wizards' potential treachery - if they plotted the death of one regent, why not another? Away from the castle, the bird turns back into the sorceress Lipalina, and the two wait for the inevitable arrival of Unos, seeking help in defeating the powerful wizards. Lupalina summons the demons Belthamaquar and Thelonia, who, as a single favor to their son, dispose of the wizards in hideous manners, and vanish. Unos, in gratitude, kills Lupalina. Meanwhile, Conan picks up Stefanya and rides with her back to Ravengard, knowing that once Unos gets rid of the wizards he'll turn his attentions to the rightful heir of the province. The two of them pick up the body of Zoqquanor but are set upon by Unos, who uses his powers to blast Conan into a skeleton, but the barbarian miraculously regenerates thanks to his magical amulet. Unos summons vines to entrap Conan, then turns to Stefanya. Knowing she is tied to the wizard Zoqquanor, he blasts the body, injuring Stefanya. Seeing the girl writhe in pain gives Conan the strength to break free of the vines and he grasps Unos in a bear hug, and the amulet burns through Unos's flesh, killing him. Conan places the amulet around Stefanya's neck, and she revives.
- That issue conclude the adaptation of the Belmont novel Kothar and the Conjurer's Curse by Gardner F. Fox.
- Cover art: pencils by Kane, inks by Kane and Romita (faces of Conan and girl).
- Inks by Giordano (figures) and Austin (backgrounds).
- Synopsis by YardIHS.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Conan the Barbarian Vol 1 51 on the forums
- 1 Image(s) from Conan the Barbarian Vol 1 51
- 1 Reprints of Conan the Barbarian Vol 1 51
|Like this? Let us know!|