Appearing in "The Altar and the Scorpion!"
- Crimson Company (First appearance)
- Citizens of Belverus
- Mitra (Invoked)
- Crom (Invoked)
- Ishtar (Mentioned)
- Red Priest (Mentioned)
- Gallio (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Irena (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Thuron (Only appearance; dies) (Only in flashback)
- Valka, God of All Gods (Invoked)
- Unnameable One (Invoked)
- King Kull of Valusia (Only in flashback)
- Thoth-Amon (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- Belverus (First appearance)
- Zingara (Mentioned)
- Koth (Mentioned)
- Corinthia (Mentioned)
- Cimmeria (Mentioned)
- Argos (Mentioned)
- Ophir (First appearance)
- Hanumar (Mentioned)
- Soutern Marches (Mentioned)
- Stygia (Mentioned)
- Valusia (Only in flashback)
- City of Wonders (Mentioned)
- Atlantis (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "The Altar and the Scorpion!"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- The Altar and the Scorpion was inspired by the story by Robert E. Howard.
- Cover art modifications by Romita (Conan's face).
"Swords of the Purple Kingdom" was also used as "The Scorpion God" in Kull the Conqueror (1971 series) #97.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Conan the Barbarian Vol 1 52 on the forums
- 1 Images from Conan the Barbarian Vol 1 52
|Like this? Let us know!|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.