Appearing in "Trial by Combat!"
- King Ptolemy, the Slayer of Men
- Unnamed Attalan acolytes of Ablah
- Stygians (Mentioned)
- Hun-Ya-Di (Mentioned)
- Perdiccas (First appearance)
- Iskander (Mentioned)
- Bêlit (Mentioned)
- Ahmaan the Great (Mentioned)
- Set (Invoked)
- Zoos (Invoked)
- Crom (Invoked)
- Aristo (Only appearance; dies)
Races and Species:
- Black Coast (Mentioned)
- Argos (Mentioned)
- Messantia (Mentioned)
- Nemedia (Mentioned)
- Hell (Invoked)
- Cimmeria (Mentioned)
- Coasts of Kush (Mentioned)
- Eyes of Set (Mentioned)
Events and Eras:
Synopsis for "Trial by Combat!"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- Trial by Combat! is freely adapted from the story The Valley of Iskander by Robert E. Howard, a tale of El Borak discovering the legendary valley in which live Greek descendants of Alexander the Great.
- The original story when first penciled by Howard Chaykin had the inhabitants of the valley to be Atlantean descendants of men left there by King Kull, but Roy Thomas had had enough for a time of lost races from the past, and decided to take a page from T.H. White's The Once and Future King, in which old Merlin "lives backwards".
- Goodwin is consulting editor.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Conan the Barbarian Vol 1 80 on the forums
- 3 Images from Conan the Barbarian Vol 1 80
|Like this? Let us know!|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.