Councilwoman Hawley was a member of the World Security Council who oversee the daily operations of S.H.I.E.L.D.. Along with her fellow councilmen, she was in favor of the plans to harness the Tesseract to develop weapons as a deterrent against any hostile extraterrestrials.
During the invasion of New York City by the Chitauri, the Council overturned Director Fury's "Avenger's Initiative" decision with their own, and ordered the launching of a nuclear missile at Manhattan. But the Avengers were successful in preventing the detonation when Iron Man redirected the warhead through the portal and disrupted the Chitauri fleet.
Councilwoman Hawley was still serving on the World Security Council in the following years when the council became frustrated with delays in Project: Insight, a project to commission three self-sustaining S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarriers that would link to spy satellites, and were designed to pre-emptively eliminate threats. Council member Alexander Pierce, got the project back on schedule after the apparent death of Director Fury, and then invited Councilwoman Hawley and the others to S.H.I.E.L.D.'s main headquarters, the Triskelion, to witness the launch of the helicarriers. She failed to attend when her position was supplanted by the Black Widow disguised in a Photostatic Veil. This proved to be a fortuitous turn of events for Hawley as Councilman Pierce murdered the other councilmen soon after.
- Jenny Agutter portrays Councilman Hawley in Marvel's The Avengers and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
- 7 Appearances of Councilwoman Hawley (Earth-199999)
- Minor Appearances of Councilwoman Hawley (Earth-199999)
- Media Councilwoman Hawley (Earth-199999) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Councilwoman Hawley (Earth-199999)
- Quotations by or about Councilwoman Hawley (Earth-199999)
- Character Gallery: Councilwoman Hawley (Earth-199999)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|