Cranio used to be one of the Sentry's greatest foes. He was a mad scientist who used a special helmet to gain mentally enhanced powers, and prided himself with being always three steps ahead of his nemesis. He ended up imprisoned at the Raft serving a sentence of 25 years to life. He was released under parole for good behavior, and since he couldn't find a job in the field of science due to his past record, he became a parking lot attendant.
The Sentry's former protégé Billy Turner was also living an ordinary life. When the Sentry's alter-ego Bob Reynolds returned to Billy's life, Billy became resentful since Bob confided with him that he could make use of a device called the Confluctor to travel to Sentry World, a pocket universe inside his own mind where he operated as the Sentry. Billy was jealous that Bob could relive his days of glory, and set in motion a plant to supplant him. After obtaining the personal notes of the professor that created the Golden Sentry Serum, Billy tracked down Cranio and convinced him to help him supplant Bob Reynolds. In exchange for synthetizing the serum to become the new Sentry, Billy would let Cranio become a supervillain again and prevent him from getting caught.
As part of their plan, Billy stole the Confluctor and gave it to Cranio, who traveled to Sentry World to ravage it, killing this world's versions of the Sentry's allies, Scout, Watchdog and Sentress, in the process. When he discovered that the Confluctor had been stolen, Bob turned into the Sentry in the real world, causing his normal self to be transported inside Sentry World. When Cranio stumbled into Bob, he exited Sentry World and return to the real world.
Helmet: Cranio possessed a helmet which allowed him to gain mentally enhanced powers, such as telepathy.
- Cranio's helmet included a container with three chimpanzee brains floating in formaldehyde. It didn't serve any practical purpose and it was only for show, since he was "Cranio the Tri-Level Mind."
- 5 Appearances of Cranio (Doug) (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Cranio (Doug) (Earth-616)
- Media Cranio (Doug) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 5 Images featuring Cranio (Doug) (Earth-616)
- 2 Quotations by or about Cranio (Doug) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Cranio (Doug) (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|