The Cretaceous–Paleogene Extinction Event, also known as the Cretaceous–Tertiary Extinction, was a sudden mass extinction of some three-quarters of the plant and animal species on Earth, approximately 66 million years ago.
Alternate theories and claims
A number of alternative theories exist surrounding that event:
- One theory included a meteor or asteroid collided with the Earth. That meteor has been stated itself to have multiple origins:
- The asteroid had been drawn from space by the planet itself, as a mean to crack open the Superflow, in order to initiate its first White Event on Earth. The Starbrand housed in the asteroid created a new Starbrand Protector from a Dinosaur.
- When an ancient world was destroyed, it formed fragments that became the meteor that hit the Earth. The fragments later became known as the Time Diamonds.
- During the forging of Mjolnir, large meteors were sent colliding with Midgard (Earth) causing the dinosaurs death and making room for other species.
- Other theories assume that the extinction of the Dinosaurs was the result of an evolutionary dead end (possibly due a sentient being's choice):
- Reed Richards came up with a theory that the dinosaurs went extinct due to their large bodies and small brains.
- Gaea, also known as Mother Earth, decided that dinosaurs were at a evolutionary dead and wanted to prepare for the age of Mammals. The evil god Set wanted to keep the world as it was which lead to a battle with Demogorge. The aftermatch lead to the destruction of the dinosaurs.
- It was revealed That Which Endures, a collective entity responsible for natural selection, decided dinosaurs were a evolutionary dead end and chose to focus on mammals.
- Finally, other theories state that the extinction was caused by a sentient being, out of evolutionary concerns:
Earth-9997's past suggests that the dinosaurs were wiped out when the Celestials carved out a portion of the Moon to serve as orbiting observatory for the Watcher. This reality also has its own version of Devil Dinosaur.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Media "Cretaceous–Paleogene Extinction Event" was Mentioned in
- Images showing "Cretaceous–Paleogene Extinction Event"
- Event Gallery: Cretaceous–Paleogene Extinction Event
Links and References
- Avengers Vol 8 #26
- Iron Man Annual #10
- Thor Vol 2 #80
- Marvel Atlas #2; Savage Land
- Silver Surfer Vol 3 #12
- Silver Surfer Vol 3 #28
- Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine #1
- Fantastic Four #10
- West Coast Avengers Vol 2 #44-49
- Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #8
- Captain Marvel Vol 5 #5
- Earth X #0
- Paradise X Heralds #3