The Crimson Bands of Cyttorak is a spell dependent upon Cyttorak, which encases the victim in many red bands. Details about the spell to summon the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak can be found in chapter 53 of the Book of the Ancient Scrolls.
Doctor Strange commonly uses the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak to bind his foes such as D'Spayre, Juggernaut, and even the Hulk. Other sorcerers are also capable of wielding the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak including Umar the Unrelenting and the Scarlet Witch.
The Humorverse (Earth-9047)
On Earth-9047, the equivalent to this spells seems to be the Crimson Bands of Cincinnati, that prompted the (really) Mindless Ones to dance. The Dreaded Dormamoomoo found this spell to be particularly stupid.
Marvel Cinematic Universe (Earth-199999)
On Earth-199999, the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak are a magical relic owned by the Masters of the Mystic Arts and stored in the New York Sanctum Sanctorum. Forged in Babylon during the 10th century BCE, the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak are capable of magically trapping individuals. During his skirmish with the Zealots, Doctor Strange used the bands to imprison Kaecilius.
In addition to the physical relic, the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak can also be magically summoned as red belts of energy and used to bind powerful opponents. On Titan, Doctor Strange briefly used this spell to bind one of Thanos' arms in a team effort to remove the Infinity Gauntlet.
- 67 Appearances of Crimson Bands of Cyttorak
- 1 Minor Appearances of Crimson Bands of Cyttorak
- 9 Media Crimson Bands of Cyttorak was Mentioned in
- 11 Images featuring Crimson Bands of Cyttorak
- Item Gallery: Crimson Bands of Cyttorak
Links and References
- ↑ Quasar #11
- ↑ Strange Tales #125
- ↑ Civil War II #5
- ↑ Doctor Strange Vol 2 #55
- ↑ Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #44
- ↑ Thor Annual #9
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Uncanny X-Men #191
- ↑ What The--?! #19
- ↑ Doctor Strange (film)
- ↑ Doctor Strange (novel)
- ↑ Guidebook to the Marvel Cinematic Universe - Marvel's Doctor Strange #1
- ↑ Avengers: Infinity War