He was a god of storms, death, and eternity.
In the town once known as Red Tree Hill, some of the townsfolk came to worship the Cimmerian god Crom when an inquisitor tried to execute captive Conan, after having slain a priest of Mitra, and was struck by lightning after Conan shouted "Crom damn you!" to his face.
- Crom did not meddle in mortal affairs, nor cared for his followers away from Cimmeria or even listened to them invoking his name (though it was discussed whether certain events were his doing), and doesn't need prayers.
- A Cimmerian elders' saying stated that earthquakes are caused by Crom rolling the bones of chance to decide man's fate.
- The Cimmerians didn't carve figures of Crom, as they would not presume to know what a god's face looks like, and simply set up a huge, bare stone to bow down before.
- 4 Appearances of Crom (Earth-616)
- 4 Minor Appearances of Crom (Earth-616)
- Media Crom (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Crom (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Crom (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Crom (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- Savage Sword of Conan #230; Shall Python Fall
- Savage Sword of Conan Vol 2 #10; The Shadow of Vengeance - Chapter X
- Official Handbook of the Conan Universe #1; Gods and Worship's entry
- Avengers No Road Home #6
- Conan the Barbarian #98
- Savage Sword of Conan #31; A Gazetteer of the Hyborian Age, Part II: Mount of Crom's entry
- All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z #3; Council of Godheads's entry
- Savage Tales #1
- Marvel Zombies: The Book of Angels, Demons & Various Monstrosities #1; Demons' entry
- Conan the Savage #3; Blood Rimmed Tide
- Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 4 #18; Shuma-Gorath's entry
- Savage Sword of Conan #230; Shall Python Fall?
- Conan the Barbarian Vol 3 #3; The Life & Death of Conan: part three - Cimmerians Don't Pray
- Conan the Barbarian #9
- Conan the Barbarian #39
- Conan the Barbarian #221
- Conan the Barbarian #12
- Conan the Barbarian #163
- Conan the Barbarian #66
|Like this? Let us know!|