The Cyclopes are a race of one-eyed giants, notorious for their usually stubborn dispositions.
The first generation of Cyclopes were the spawn of Ouranos and Gaea, while subsequent generations were fathered by Poseidon, including Argus and Tityus, sons of Poseidon and sea nymph Thoosa.
On his way home, storms led Odysseus' ships to the Hidden Isle, the home of the Cyclops. Polyphemus, who started eating the crew of the ships. Odysseus managed to trick Polyphemus and along with his companions, blinded the Cyclops. Before they left, though, he did the mistake of revealing his identity to Polyphemus, who then told his father, the god Poseidon; this had a major impact on the hero's travel, as the god sent rough seas throughout the journey.
A man found a Cyclops on an island encased in ice. He freed him with an ax and the monster attempted to destroy him, but he lead the creature across another patch of ice covering a crevasse which was too thin to support his weight and the Cyclops found himself buried in the crevasse once again.
Powers and Abilities
The cyclopes were expert smiths and craftsmen.
- Discuss Cyclopes on the forums
- 6 representatives of Cyclopes
- Appearances of Cyclopes
- Minor Appearances of Cyclopes
- Media Cyclopes was Mentioned in
- Race Gallery: Cyclopes
- Images of Cyclopes
Links and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #8; Appendix: Olympians: Demi-Gods, Heroes and other Graeco-Roman Mythological Figures: Cyclopes' entry
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #8; Appendix: Olympians: Demi-Gods, Heroes and other Graeco-Roman Mythological Figures: Argus' entry
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #9; Appendix: Olympians: Demi-Gods, Heroes and other Graeco-Roman Mythological Figures, continued: Tityus' entry
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Tales of Suspense #10
- ↑ Marvel Classics Comics #18
- ↑ Marvel Illustrated: The Odyssey #1-8
- ↑ Sub-Mariner #29