The Daily Bugle building was formerly the Goodman Building, established on 39th Street and Second Avenue until John Jonah Jameson purchased and used it to establish his entire editorial and publishing facilities there, principally his newspaper the Daily Bugle. From now on called the Daily Bugle Building, the office complex is forty-six stories tall, and is capped by the Daily Bugle logo in 30-foot letter on the roof. There are loading docks in the rear of the building, reached by a back alley. Three floors are devoted to the editorial office of the Daily Bugle, two sub-basement levels for the printing presses, while the rest of the floors are rented.
The Daily Bugle building was later destroyed by Electro. Later after their shares were reacquired from Bennett, and Mayor Jameson give to Joe Robertson, who was gone rogue with most of the DB!'s staff ("The DB!" being the name of the Daily Bugle under Bennet's rule) to the Front Line, the rights over the use the Daily Bugle's name.
Ultimate Universe (Earth-1610)
In this reality, the Daily Bugle building housed the newspaper of the same name until it was damaged during the events of Ultimatum, forcing the company to temporarily close down. It was later reformed to house the offices of the Daily Bugle once more, but now dedicated as an online news portal exclusively. A ".com" was added below the classic sign.
Marvel Nemesis (Earth-50701)
In the multi-platform video game Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects Universe the Daily Bugle is a recurring battleground throughout the story mode and available in the versus mode. Here the rooftop is surrounded by three destructible walls, and covered with explosive barrels, air conditioners, pipes, and poles for use in battle. Even the trademark letters that form "Daily Bugle" are available for throwing at enemies once damaged.
Spider-Man: The Animated Series (Earth-92131)
Edge of Time (Earth-TRN199)
Despite this, the Bugle still exists, simply using a different headquarters. This building eventually came under Alchemax control, being used to mass produce robots.
Spider Who? (Earth-TRN562)
On Earth-TRN207, the building remained the base of operations for the Daily Bugle and was never destroyed. The building was the location of a chronic disturbance, which was stopped once Iron Man took Peter Parker to the epicenter.
Marvel Avengers Academy (Earth-TRN562)
- A floor layout of desks and the office of the original building can be seen in Amazing Spider-Man Annual #13.
- 1,254 Appearances of Daily Bugle Building
- 26 Minor Appearances of Daily Bugle Building
- 19 Media Daily Bugle Building was Mentioned in
- 31 Images featuring Daily Bugle Building
- Location Gallery: Daily Bugle Building
Links and References
- ↑ Marvel Tails Starring Peter Porker the Spectacular Spider-Ham #1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Marvel Team-Up #56
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 2 #3
- ↑ Amazing Spider-Man #548
- ↑ Amazing Spider-Man #612-614
- ↑ Ultimatum: Spider-Man Requiem Book One #2
- ↑ Spider-Man: Edge of Time
- ↑ Amazing Spider-Man Annual #39
- ↑ Marvel Avengers Academy