After Set committed the first murder by killing another Elder God and absorbed his life-force, the Gods degenerated into demons, Gaea mated with the Demiurge to create Atum the Demogorge, who annihilated most of the degenerated Elder Gods. After Set rallied Chthon to try and stop the Demogorge, in vain, he created illusion forms of himself, Sligguth and Damballah, and they fled from the Demogorge's wrath, entering a pocket dimension adjacent to Earth's dimensional space.
During the birth of Santeria (a merger of Vodu worship, Catholicism, and indigenous American beliefs), the Vodugod Dam-Ayido Wede reinvented his image, adopting the name "Damballah", and misrepresenting himself as the Vodu Sky Father, usurping Buluku's role.
It was summoned by Black Talon, possibly inadvertently while trying to reach Damballah (Dam-Ayido Wede), to assist him in a fight against the Avengers, but was banished by the Scarlet Witch.
Damballah can travel to Earth in spirit form and can appear as a huge snake or humanoid serpent. He can also possess other serpents transforming them into facsimiles of himself as well as control serpents. He is even known to possess others.
- 7 Appearances of Damballah (Demon) (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Damballah (Demon) (Earth-616)
- Media Damballah (Demon) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Damballah (Demon) (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Damballah (Demon) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Damballah (Demon) (Earth-616)
- Damballah at the Marvel Appendix
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 King Conan #3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Mystic Arcana: The Book of Marvel Magic #1; Black Talon's entry
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Marvel Zombies Handbook #1; Damballah's entry
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Conan the Barbarian #82
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Silver Surfer Annual #2
- ↑ King Conan #1
- ↑ Savage Sword of Conan #31; Hyborian Gazetteer, Forbidden City's entry
- ↑ Conan the Barbarian #83
- ↑ Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1; Damballah's entry
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Avengers #152
|Like this? Let us know!|