- The Masked Marauder can outwit any enemy... Or any combination of enemies!
Appearing in "None are So Blind..!"
- Dave (First appearance)
- J. Jonah Jameson
- May Parker
- World Motor Company Board of Directors
Races and Species:
- New York City, New York State
Synopsis for "None are So Blind..!"
Continued from last issue... After the Masked Marauder tricked Spider-Man and Daredevil into fighting, Spider-Man has picked up Daredevil via his spider sense and crashes in on the law office of Nelson and Murdock and attacks Foggy Nelson figuring that he's Daredevil.
Matt and Karen convince Spider-Man that Foggy couldn't be Daredevil, and Spider-Man then flees the scene realizing that he made a mistake. However, afterwards, Foggy plays up the situation by not denying that he's Daredevil to hopefully win over Karen and soon leaves the office. When Matt is left alone, he changes into Daredevil and swings over to the makers of the XB-390 plans that the Marauder stole. Overhearing them he learns that without the formula, the plans for the XB-390 are useless.
Getting an idea, Daredevil then travels to the Daily Bugle and convinces J. Jonah Jameson to help him with a news report, playing up Jameson's natural hatred of Spider-Man. When the Bugle reports this on national television, the Marauder, and Spider-Man (in his civilian guise of Peter Parker) learn the truth and both head towards the location to get to the formula, the Marauder to steal it, Spider-Man to stop him.
Daredevil intercepts Spider-Man along the way, and after a brief battle, the two decide to work together to stop the Marauder. When the Marauder attacks the location of the formula, the two heroes work together to stop the Marauder and their men and destroy the Marauder's blimp.
Afterwards, Karen shows up on the scene to find Foggy on site, who once again doesn't deny that he's not Daredevil. However, he is unaware that somebody who is planning revenge on Daredevil overheard him. While the real Daredevil, with his mission accomplished, returns to the office and resumes his Matt Murdock identity, and loses himself in reflection of his battle with the Marauder, adventure with Spider-Man, and Foggy's current attempt to win Karen's affections.
- This issue features a letters page, Let's Level With Daredevil. Letters are published from Sal Iacopelli, Mrs. Don Walker, S. Thomas & S. Houser, Kent Watson, Barry Spaeth, Jim Sullivan, Rich Kenney, and Kenny Chance.
- The John Romita Sr. artwork from Page 5, Panel 2 will become the cover image logo for Daredevil beginning in Daredevil #27 and continuing until Daredevil #80.
- This issue features a full page advertisement with cover reproductions of Fantastic Four #52, Amazing Spider-Man #38, and Marvel Tales #3.
- Please Direct Your Accolades and Bravos to:
- Smilin' Stan Lee, Writer
- Jazzy Johnny Romita, Artist
- Fearless Frankie Ray, Inker
- Swingin' Sammy Rosen, Letterer
- Complaints May Be Sent to Irascible Irving Forbush!
- references: Amazing Spider-Man #16
- Page one states, "Complaints may be sent to the Irascible Irving Forbush."
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Daredevil Vol 1 17 on the forums
- 3 Image(s) from Daredevil Vol 1 17
- 2 Reprints of Daredevil Vol 1 17
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|