- In this court -- presided over by the owl -- I make my own laws!
- -- The Owl
Appearing in "The Verdict Is: Death!"
- Judge Lewis (First full appearance)
Races and Species:
- United States of America
- Owl's Volcanic Island
- Owl's Castle
- Privately Chartered Airplane
Synopsis for "The Verdict Is: Death!"
Daredevil crashes in on some crooks that are snooping around inside the Nelson and Murdock law office and fights them off. Wondering why they're looking for his alter ego, Daredevil follows them to his home, and quickly sneaks in and allows them to capture him so he can find out what's going on. A short while later, Foggy and Karen find out that Matt is missing.
Matt is taken to the Owl's Airie, where the criminal Owl has resurfaced and is making Matt represent Judge Lewis, the judge that tried to convict the Owl for previous criminal offenses. Putting on a mock trial (even though it's obvious that the Owl will sentence Lewis to death), Matt calls upon a witness. When they all humor Murdock when he says the witness is waiting outside, it gives him a chance to leave the room to change into Daredevil and attack the Owl and his men.
However during the battle, the Owl manages to spring a trap and trap DD in a cage. This story is continued next issue...
- Judge Lewis had previously appeared briefly in Daredevil #3, but his name had not been given.
- Script: Smilin' Stan Lee
- Penciling: (Jazzy Johnny Romita Had to Polish Off The 25¢ Spider-Man Special This Month, So Look Who Generously Offered To Pinch-Hit For Ol' Ring-A-Ding This Ish:) Gentleman Gene Colan
- Inking: Fearless Frank Giacoia
- Lettering: Adorable Artie Simek
- Bad-Guy Booer: Honest Irving Forbush
- Daredevil #3
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Daredevil Vol 1 20 on the forums
- Images from Daredevil Vol 1 20
Links and References
- Daredevil article at Wikipedia
- DD Resource
- Daredevil screenplay (unproduced)
- Official webpage at Marvel.com
- Daredevil bio at MarvelDirectory
- Man Without Fear fan site
- The religion of Matt Murdock, Daredevil
- "Secrets, lies - and lawyers!", Douglas Wolk, Salon.com, January 5, 2006. Retrospective of the Bendis/Maleev run.
- Marvel Toonzone
- Stomp Tokyo Video Reviews - The Trial of the Incredible Hulk
- Daredevil resource
|Like this? Let us know!|