Deborah Harris Franklin
Appearing in "Ultimatum"
- Ben Urich
- Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff)
- Iron Fist (Cameo)
- Micah Synn
- Power Man (Cameo)
- Anton Krapotkin (First appearance)
- New York City
Synopsis for "Ultimatum"
HYDRA agents have captured the Black Widow. They have her telephone a message to Daredevil demanding that he locate for them a Russian defector named Anton Krapotkin. Krapotkin has stolen a highly valuable microchip from the KGB and HYDRA wants the chip. As the Black Widow speaks into the answering machine, she taps out a Morse code message with her foot, knowing that Daredevil's acute hearing will be able to pick it up.
Daredevil eventually receives the message and realizes that he must find Krapotkin or else HYDRA will kill the Black Widow. Daredevil hits the streets and begins networking with the underworld in an effort to find info on Krapotkin.
In the midst of his search, Daredevil runs afoul of a bunch of HYDRA goons and has to beat them down. He ultimately finds Anton Krapotkin, but unfortunately HYDRA finds him as well. HYDRA shoots Krapotkin before he can reveal the location of the stolen microchip.
Daredevil eventually tracks the Black Widow down to an abandoned warehouse. She is bound and gagged and suspended upside down in the middle of the room. The commanding HYDRA agent has left a pressure-sensitive bomb secured beneath a floorboard. His intention is to have Daredevil step on it, killing both the Black Widow and he. But Daredevil navigates around the bomb by homing in on the Black Widow's heartbeat. As her heartbeat rises, he knows that he is getting closer to the bomb. He eventually bypasses it and rescues the Widow. Together, they stop the remaining HYDRA agents before they can leave the vicinity.
- The Black Widow is missing her distinctive gauntlets this issue, as she is a captive of Hydra for most of this adventure.
- Matt Murdock spends the entirety of his "Emergency Fund" this issue. He will become financially insolvent over the next months.
- This issue features a letters page, Devil's Advocate. Letters are published from William Adkins, Jr., Donlad Trull, T.P. Fantom, Lisa, Joe Chiapetta, and Anthony Padilla". The letters page also contains a Statement of Ownership, Management, and Circulation.
- The tagline for this issue is "Hunted by HYDRA!"
|Like this? Let us know!|