Appearing in "Apocalypse"
Races and Species:
- United States of America
Synopsis for "Apocalypse"
Karen Page, the former secretary of the Nelson & Murdock law offices and the ex-girlfriend of Matt Murdock from long ago, had left years earlier to pursue an acting career. After a brief period of success, however, her life takes a turn for the worse, as she becomes a heroin addict and gets reduced to starring in pornographic films in Mexico. Strapped for cash, she sells the information that Matt Murdock is Daredevil for just a single shot of heroin. After a long process, this information is eventually sold upward to New York, all the way to the Kingpin. Kingpin tells his assistant, Wesley, to follow up on this.
Meanwhile, Matt Murdock wakes up one morning to find that things just can't seem to go right for him. Over the course of the next six months, the Kingpin uses his influence to have the IRS freeze Murdock's accounts, the bank foreclose on his apartment, and police lieutenant Nicholas Manolis testify that he saw Murdock pay a witness to perjure himself. That night, Matt goes out as Daredevil and shows up at Manolis' house. Daredevil tries to talk with him, but Nicholas tries to throw him out and attacks him. Daredevil knocks him down and leaves. Once Daredevil is gone, Manolis calls the Kingpin to let him know that he'll continue playing along, but that his son needs treatment for his condition soon, Manolis apparently being bribed by Kingpin.
By coincidence, Murdock's girlfriend, Glorianna, breaks up with him and turns to dating his law partner and best friend, Foggy Nelson, on the rebound. This makes Matt even more depressed. Coming home, Matt watches from the sidewalk as his apartment blows up in front of him. Finding his destroyed costume in the wreckage, Matt deduces that the Kingpin must be behind all of this.
- Karen Page was last seen in the pages of Daredevil in Daredevil #138. In this issue, Karen is revealed to be a drug dependent "junkie".
- Matt's Brownstone apartment is destroyed in this issue. However over a decade later in Daredevil Vol. 2 #8 it would be rebuilt into the new location of Nelson and Murdock when they use the money from Karen's will shortly after her death by Bullseye to re-establish their own law firm after they broke away from Rosalind Sharpe's law firm. Their business would remain there until Daredevil Vol. 2 #93 due to Matt and Foggy needing a more discreet location since Matt's secret identity had been leaked to the press, and that too many of Daredevil's enemies knew about this location.
- This issue was voted the 11th greatest Marvel Comic of all time by the fans in 2001.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Daredevil Vol 1 227 on the forums
- 6 Images from Daredevil Vol 1 227
- 2 Reprints of Daredevil Vol 1 227
|Like this? Let us know!|