- Let's just say I've messed up my life about as badly as I could.
- -- Karen Page
Appearing in "Born Again"
- Matt Murdock (Main story and flashback)
- Kingpin (Wilson Fisk) (Main story and flashback)
- Paulo Scorcese
- Lois (Unnamed)
- Felix (First appearance)
- Daily Bugle
- Doris Urich
- Turk (Only in flashback)
- Nuke (Mentioned)
- Deborah Nelson (Behind the scenes)
Races and Species:
- Earth (Main story and flashback)
- United States of America (Main story and flashback)
Synopsis for "Born Again"
While Daredevil is recovering from his injuries, Murdock's confidant, Ben Urich, a Daily Bugle reporter, is investigating his friend's plight and starts to stand vigil with Nick Manolis as his son is taken it for surgery for his terminal illness. When his son finally dies, Manolis decides to confess to Urich about the frameup and his suspicions that the Kingpin was the mastermind behind it. Nurse Lois, a crime enforcer assigned by the Kingpin to monitor Manolis and make sure he does not step out of line, responds by breaking Urich's fingers and beating Manolis nearly to death. When an unintimidated Manolis calls Urich from his hospital bed, Lois breaks into his room and strangles him, laying the receiver on his bed so Urich can hear his murder as it occurs. Rather than cowering him into submission, this goads Urich to finally come forward with his investigation, alerting his paper and the authorities of the situation at hand.
- In this issue, it is revealed for the first time that Matt Murdock grew up in Hell's Kitchen, New York.
- The brawny nurse who intimidates Ben Urich and kills Nick Manolis is identified as "Lois" next issue.
- In this issue, Nick Manolis is graphically killed by an employee of the Kingpin. Manolis had been a recurring character in this title since Daredevil #167.
- This issue contains a Statement of Ownership, Management, and Circulation.
- This issue contains a letters page, Devil's Advocate. Letters are published from Al Stern, Christopher McDaniel, Gary White, Gary Ballard, and Don Schick.
|Like this? Let us know!|