Appearing in "The Mysterious Masked Matador!"
- The Matador (First appearance)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "The Mysterious Masked Matador!"
Elaganto is a talented former Spanish Matador that was so cruel to the bulls that the audience began to despise and boo him. During his final bullfight, the crowd distracted him and he was gored horribly by the bull. After recovery, he turned to being an evil thief by using his bull fighting skills and sword. In their first public encounter, the Matador defeats Daredevil, whose super senses are confused by fighting among a crowd of people in an enclosed room. In a rematch, Daredevil handily defeats Elaganto with his superior skill and strength. The Matador flees during the second battle and is exposed as a coward. Daredevil knocks him out and hands him over to the police.
- Contrary to long-running rumors, neither Jack Kirby nor Vince Colletta touched this cover. It was penciled and inked by Wally Wood as confirmed by both the Wallace Wood Estate and Kirby historian, Mark Evanier.
- The cover seen here is not the original Wood cover. That art was stolen from the Marvel office so, in the 1990s John Romita (and his "Raiders") had to recreate the cover for reprints.
- This issue featured a Pin-Up pf Daredevil
- Daredevil's insignia was changed by Wally Wood to bear two D's on his costume's chest instead of one on its belly.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Daredevil Vol 1 5 on the forums
- 7 Images from Daredevil Vol 1 5
- 2 Reprints of Daredevil Vol 1 5
|Like this? Let us know!|