Appearing in "... And So Enters the Amazing Spider-Man"
Synopsis for "... And So Enters the Amazing Spider-Man"
Still dealing with the loss of Gwen Stacy, Spider-Man happens to spot Daredevil and figures him the luckiest guy in the world, little knowing that DD is dealing with romance problems of his own (Karen Page). Spider-Man returns home and changes to his civilian guise of Peter Parker. He notices a gathering of people outside his apartment but he's distracted by the arrival of Mary Jane who wants to talk to Peter, however Peter, not wanting to talk, pushes her out.
In the park where the people are gathered, there is a strange alien ship which has summoned Namor the Sub-Mariner to its presence. Soon both Daredevil and Spider-Man arrive and a series of misunderstandings pit both the heroes against the monarch of the sea.
As the battle rages on, in Los Angeles, Karen Page has returned to New York to see Matt. While back in the park, the teardrop craft explodes and a female figure appears and takes Namor away in a flash of light. With nobody to fight, Daredevil and Spider-Man part company. Returning home, DD arrives home and just misses a call from Karen. Continued in Sub-Mariner Vol 1 40.
Two galvanizing guest-stars for the price of one! The amazing Spider-man - and a fighting-mad Sub-Mariner! Plus - the weird threat that may destroy them all!
- Whomever Colored this issue (Likely the Inker, Palmer) was apparently not a reader of Amazing Spider-Man, as both Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane were given the same blonde coloring as Karen Page.
- The British psychedelic band "The Teardrop Explodes" got their name from the line shouted by a character in this comic when the teardrop craft exploded.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Daredevil Vol 1 77 on the forums
- 2 Images from Daredevil Vol 1 77
- 1 Reprints of Daredevil Vol 1 77
|Like this? Let us know!|