- You boys are losers -- and believe me -- losers really do finish last !
- -- Matt Murdock
Appearing in "On the Eve of the Talon!"
- Danny French
- Ivan Petrovich
- Commisioner Robert O'Hara
- Black Panther (T'Challa) (Impersonates Daredevil)
- Blue Talon (Itto Yamura) (Only appearance; dies)
- Damon Dran (First appearance)
- Charles (First appearance)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "On the Eve of the Talon!"
Furious that the Black Widow had left with no word on where she had gone, Matt begins scouring the streets as DD terrorizing the criminal element in hopes of finding clues to her disappearance. The Widow has been captured by Damon Dran, a wealthy man who fears nuclear Armageddon and had originally hired Danny French and the Widow to steal Project 4. Having tracked the two down, he sends his henchmen to capture Black Widow and French, however Black Widow puts up a strong fight. Danny French then unexpectedly turns on Natasha, and before she can try to prevent him from doing so, she is knocked out cold from behind. French is then knocked out himself by a henchmen. Dran then has them tied into machines in his underground lab trying to probe their minds for the globe's location.
Overhearing a news report that suggests that perhaps Matt Murdock is really Daredevil as both have been reported in San Francisco and having ties with the Black Widow, Dran sends his operative the Blue Talon to attack Daredevil. Murdock also sees this news report much to his horror.
While Ivan is searching for clues to Natasha's whereabouts, Blue Talon attacks her home, and battles whom he thinks is Daredevil. The Talon meets his end when he accidentally strikes a gas main and causes an explosion killing him. Reporting to the media, the rumors of Murdock and Daredevil being the same person are dispelled when both appear on camera. With the media fooled, "Daredevil" (who was really T'Challa in disguise) returns home having helped his friend during his time of need.
- As of this issue, the title of the series is renamed "Daredevil and the Black Widow", with issue numbering continuing unchanged, all this until issue #107 (Jan. 1974). With issue #108 the title would return to "Daredevil the Man Without Fear".
- This issue features a letters page, Let's Level With Daredevil. Letters are published from Steve Endsley, Mako Sano, Joe Cushman, David Martin, Michael Alan Suchcicki, and Shirley A. Gorman.
- As seen on page one this issue is Story #1016-Z.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Daredevil Vol 1 92 on the forums
- 4 Images from Daredevil Vol 1 92
- 1 Reprints of Daredevil Vol 1 92
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|