Appearing in "He Who Saves"
- Dark Messiah (Mordecai Jones) (First appearance)
- Kerwin Broderick (Shadows)
- Disciples of Doom (First appearance)
- McHeny (First appearance)
- Man-Bull ("Bull" Taurus) (Mentioned)
- Ivan Petrovich
- Janet (Unnamed)}
- Perry Mason (Mentioned)
- God (Mentioned)
- Mayor Alioto (Mentioned)
- Satan (Mentioned)
Races and Species:
- United States Of America
Synopsis for "He Who Saves"
When street performer Mordacai Jones is seriously injured when he is attacked by a dog during one his street performances, he is rushed to the hospital by Daredevil, however instead of getting medical treatment, his unconscious body is captured by a mysterious figure who changes him into the Dark Messiah.
With Black Widow still recovering from injuries sustained in her battle against the Man-Bull, Daredevil has to combat the Dark Messiah alone, after the Messiah has used his powers to free "disciples" from prison. During his battle against the Dark Messiah, Daredevil is struck down and is soon shocked to find that the prisoners that the Messiah had freed were given powers as well and joined his Disciples of Doom.
- Plot by Conway, script by Gerber.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story# 1177Z.
- This issue contains a Statement of Ownership, Management, and Circulation.
- This issue also contains a letters page, Let's Level With Daredevil. Letters are published from Rick Thoman, Dave Hull and Bill Radford.