Appearing in 1st story
- Daredevil (Matt Murdock) (Main story and flashback)
- Kirsten McDuffie (Main story and flashback)
- Wendell McDuffie (First appearance)
- Detective Larson
- Unnamed officers
- Purple Man (Zeb Killgrave) (Main story and flashback) (Apparent death)
- Purple Children (First appearance)
- Joe (First appearance) (Unnamed)
- Jamie (First appearance)
- Connor (First appearance)
- Shallah (First appearance)
- An unnamed girl (First appearance)
Synopsis for 1st story
A group of purple-tinted children tap on the window of another child, Jamie, and then they break right through the glass. Jamie’s mother rushes into the room but is repelled and apparently sickened by the children’s powers. She tries to call for help but the Purple Man appears and convinces her to commit suicide by jumping off the building’s roof. He gathers his children and leaves.
Elsewhere, Matt Murdock is enjoying a day at the zoo with her girlfriend, Kirsten McDuffie. Later he enjoys a yacht outing with her and her parents. Her father, a book publisher, wants him to write a tell-all about being Daredevil. Later he is summoned by the police to the earlier crime scene, where a tenant got the Purple Man on camera. DD narrowly saves the boy from killing himself, as Killgrave ordered.
Elsewhere, Killgrave gathers his children around and speaks about the power they inherited from him. He says together they will all rule the world one day, but now he wants to experience their unconditional love. He grows upset as the children refuse to talk or express affection for him. Soon, by uniting their wills, the children are able to control Killgrave’s movements, without even speaking. They force him to walk out into the street, where he is struck by a train, and seemingly killed. The children decide to venture out to see the city.
• Matt Murdock takes on his first big case in his new hometown--and the opposition is killer!
• Daredevil is faced with a menace he has no idea how to fight--the Purple Children!
|Like this? Let us know!|