The death of a Japanese S.H.I.E.L.D. agent at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City lead Hawkeye, Mockingbird, and Dominic Fortune to Sakha, Russia where they met up with the Black Widow who was investigating the mass murder of KGB trainees. Surveillance video revealed the killings were carried out by the Dark Ocean Society lead by a new Ronin; however, before their investigation was completed, the group was attacked by the Supreme Soviets and were forced to split up. Hawkeye and Black Widow traveled to Sapporo, Japan, the base of operations of the Dark Ocean Society, while Mockingbird and Dominic headed to the tip of the Kamchatka Peninsula following mass Russian troop movements. The group reunited on the disputed Kuril Islands and discovered that the identity of the new Ronin to be Alexi Shostakov, the original Red Guardian and Black Widow's ex-husband. Shostakov revealed he intended to force a war between Russia and Japan that would restore Russia's former glory. A battle ensued as the heroes took on a combination of the Dark Ocean Society and the Supreme Soviets. During the battle Hawkeye received a critical blow to the head; however, Widow managed to take down Shostakov with the help of Fantasma.
- Based on the actual Dark Ocean Society.
- 1 Dark Ocean Society (Earth-616) Members
- 4 Appearances of Dark Ocean Society (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Dark Ocean Society (Earth-616)
- Media Dark Ocean Society (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images that include Dark Ocean Society (Earth-616)
- Organization Gallery: Dark Ocean Society (Earth-616)