Origin into the Pre-Cataclysmic Age
The Darkholders started out as Thulsa Doom's followers. After Doom's death at the hands of Kull, they used the Darkhold to create the first vampire, Varnae. Varnae turned some members into vampires. Other vampires were Nosferatu, Verdelet, Saracen, Maracen and Boy.
Some of the first vampires, such as Boy, Maracen, Saracen, Verdelet, and presumably Lamia became known as the Ancient. It is unknown whether all or any of those were themselves Darkholders.
They later took interest in Carnage. Barry Gleason orchestrated Cletus Kasady's meeting with them. It is later revealed that he is to be made as a sacrifice to awaken Chthon, based on the prophecy in the Darkhold that stated that "When the Red Slayer spills blood on sacred stone, he who sleeps shall wake and what walked will walk once again."
Weapons: Darkhold: It contains a number of powerful black magic spells.
- The Darkholders, especially in their depiction in Carnage Vol. 2, are seemingly based on the secret societies and hidden cultists of the Cthulhu Mythos, working to awaken slumbering eldritch deities, such as the cultists of Cthulhu in H.P. Lovecraft's "The Call of Cthulhu".
- 7 Darkholders (Earth-616) Members
- 21 Appearances of Darkholders (Earth-616)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Darkholders (Earth-616)
- 1 Media Darkholders (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 6 Images that include Darkholders (Earth-616)
- Team Gallery: Darkholders (Earth-616)
Links and References
- ↑ Carnage Vol 2 #8
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Mystic Arcana: The Book of Marvel Magic #1; Diabolique's entry
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Vampires: The Marvel Undead #1; Vampires' entry, History section
- ↑ Blade: Vampire Hunter #1
- ↑ Vampires: The Marvel Undead #1; Verdelet's entry
- ↑ Bizarre Adventures #33
- ↑ Darkhold: Pages from the Book of Sins #1
- ↑ Carnage Vol 2 #4