Death was the first of his name to serve in Apocalypse's Horsemen. He was sealed away on Arakko, alongside his fellow Horsemen. They ended up in the dimension of Amenth which was populated by endless hordes of Daemons. His mother Genesis and the other mutants that were left on Arakko made the island their home and build towers to protect them from the threat of the Daemons.
However, after his mother fell at hands of Amenth's dark god and leader of the Daemons, Annihilation, the Daemons finally managed to destroy Arakko's towers and attack its mutant population. In a last ditch effort to save Arakko, Death and the surviving mutants send the Summoner to Earth to find his father Apocalypse. However, his mother was actually still alive and combined with Annihilation, which lead to the Daemons and Arakko's forces joining together and decided to invade Krakoa.
After months have passed, Death, alongside his siblings, the other Horsemen, began leading the Daemon armies, and assaulted Otherworld in order to access Krakoa. After reuniting with their father, the Horsemen and Summoner attacked Apocalypse and launched an attack on some members of the X-Men. The fight was broken up by the Omniversal Majestrix Saturnyne who offered each side to participate in the challenge of the Ten of Swords for victory, to which they agreed.
After Death got his sword, he alongside the Swordbearers of Arakko went to the Starlight Citadel where the tournament would be held. During the banquet that was being held before the tournament began, Death became somewhat attracted to Storm and although the two shared a dance, she subtly rejected him.
In the realm of Sevalith, Death, now against Storm, asked her to dance, as she asked him during their initial meeting, with vampires and Opal watching in attendance for their latest challenge. Knowing that she was poisoned and couldn't use her powers, Storm knew that Death did something to her, so she declined. Death, then accepting of her choice, started the battle with the swing of his scythe. Even with her powers out of commission, Storm held her own, until Death unveiled his helmet. Knowing how his powers work, she reflected them back to him with her blade, causing his body to break down, then driving Skybreaker into his chest, making him bleed out. Death didn't die until the vampires that smelled the blood leaking out of him tore him apart. After the tournament Death apparently survived the fight, standing beneath the throne of Sevelith, seemingly serving it's undead rulers.
Death was a mutant with the following powers:
- Death Stare: He is said to have the eye of Death. His stare can release a directed blast of a purple mist that can disintegrate others to mere ash. The mist seems to be able to reflect and bounce off mirrored surfaces.
- Advanced Longevity: Like his mother, aunt, sisters and brother, Death is several thousands of years old.
Death isn't immune to his own powers, only resistant. His powers can be used against him if he were to look in a mirror or if they are to be reflected back against him. Although not to their full affect, seemingly only hurting him severely, not killing him.
- Death's Helmet: A helmet shaped after the Egyptian god of death, Anubis, which seemingly regulate his death stare power.
- Death wears a helmet that bears resemblance to Anubis, the Egyptian god of death.
- Death's power seems to be automatic, as he took off his helmet, he used his Death Stare to disintegrate his waiter at dinner. His helmet seemingly works in some fashion similar to Cyclops' Visor, as it reins his power from being unleashed uncontrollably.
- According to Apocalypse, Death was the best Horseman of Death he ever had, while his successors were poor underwhelming replacers.
- Death honours the scarabs as he was dismayed when some of them were served as food in the Otherworld banquet, as he considers them sacred.
- His powers flaw work similarly to the Basilisk as they can be reflected on mirrored surfaces and do damaged to the user.
- 13 Appearances of Death (First Horsemen) (Earth-616)
- 3 Minor Appearances of Death (First Horsemen) (Earth-616)
- Media Death (First Horsemen) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 48 Images featuring Death (First Horsemen) (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about Death (First Horsemen) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Death (First Horsemen) (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|