Appearing in "For Sale: One Planet -- Slightly Used!"
- Crayton Observatory (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- New York City
- Arctic Circle
- Polar Ice Caps
- Atlantic Ocean
- Eye of Agamotto
- Cloak of Levitation
- Dr. Spectrum's Power Prism
- Captain America's Shield
- Captain America's Uniform
- Iron Man Armor MK IV (Only in flashback)
- Laser Cannon
- Nighthawk's Hawk-Plane (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "For Sale: One Planet -- Slightly Used!"
Nighthawk drops in on the Defenders, and after a brief battle he informs them of the events that brought him to Dr. Strange's Sanctum: He and the rest of the Squadron Sinister were restored and gathered by the mysterious alien being known as Nebulon who was seeing super-powered beings to "sell" the Earth to him. The Squadron then agreed to build a device that would melt the Earth's polar ice-caps and flood the planet as part of the conditions of sale. Finding such a plan too horrible, Nighthawk refused and was banished from the meeting however Nebulon insured that he could not warn the Avengers, making Nighthawk invisible Earth's mightiest heroes. Overhearing them speaking of the Defenders, Nighthawk would instead seek their aid.
Needing extra muscle on this mission, Dr. Strange teleports Namor to their side, and the group battle to stop the Squadron Sinister from activating the device, however in the course of the battle they are trapped in mystic bubble by Nebulon.
- Doctor Spectrum's power prism was destroyed in Iron Man #66 (where Doctor Spectrum was last seen). In this issue, Nebulon has recreated it.
- This issue features a letters page, Defenders Dialogue. Letters are published from Mike Fanning, Hugh P. Simons, Jr., K.J. Robbins, and Ron Bain. The letters page also features a Series "A' Marvel Value Stamp #86 Zemo.
- Giant-Size Defenders #1 takes place in the morning of the same day as this issue.
|Like this? Let us know!|