- My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone.
Appearing in "The Secret of the Silver Surfer!"
- South Polar Seas
- New York City
- Zenn-La (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "The Secret of the Silver Surfer!"
Searching the past two months for the Silver Surfer, the Sub-Mariner and Dr. Strange's astral form search the northern oceans when Namor is attacked by the Surfer. During the fight, the Surfer easily over power the monarch of the sea to go to the location of a valley.
Traveling back to Dr. Strange's Sanctum in New York, Dr. Strange deduces that the Silver Surfer is going to the location where his late friend Kenneth Ward found the statue of the Undying Ones. Recruiting the aid of the Hulk, the three heroes travel to the Himalayas and convince some of the local townspeople to show them up to the site. Attacked by the native monkeys, the fight them off and find the Surfer.
Demanding answers, the Surfer explains that once he had found this valley of apes, he lived among them for the past two months. Suddenly the apes change form, their leader introducing himself as Calizuma and his minions are the Warrior Wizards. Battling the Wizards, the heroes make short work of them, and take down Calizuma by striking him with all their power at once. With the foes defeated, Strange uses a spell of atonement on them. The Surfer then laments that he can never return home to his love, and Dr. Strange comes up with a plan to get him there... next issue.
co-starring the Silver Surfer!
- This isssue contains a letters page, Defenders Dialogue. Letters are publsihed from Roger Payton, Rick Keefe, and Bob Rozakis.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#993-Z.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Defenders Vol 1 2 on the forums
- Images from Defenders Vol 1 2
|Like this? Let us know!|