Appearing in "Savage Time!"
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Jack Norriss
- Vance Astrovik (Earth-616)
- WXYZ television crew
- Brotherhood of Badoon (Only in flashback)
- Monster of Badoon (Only in flashback)
- Martian Masters (Only in flashback)
- National Guard soldiers and General
- Captain America (Only in flashback)
- Sharon Carter (Only in flashback)
- Killraven's Freemen (Only in flashback)
- President of the People's Republic of China (Earth-691) (Only in flashback)
- President of the Soviet Union (Earth-691) (Only in flashback)
- President of the United States of America (Earth-691) (Only in flashback)
- Serfs (Only in flashback)
- Techno-Barons (Only in flashback)
- Kwaal (Only in flashback)
- Thing (Only in flashback)
- United Federation of Earth (Only in flashback)
- Beta Centauri IV
- Jupiter (Only in flashback)
- Mercury (Only in flashback)
- Pluto (Only in flashback)
- Captain America's Shield (Only in flashback)
- Cloak of Levitation
- Eye of Agamotto
- Yondu's Yaka Arrows
Synopsis for "Savage Time!"
As Jack Norriss tries to rekindle his romance with Valkyrie, the Earth is wracked by disasters caused by the temporal displacement caused by the Guardian's presence in the modern era. Agreeing to help the Guardians battle the Badoon rulers of Earth in the 31st Century, the Defenders and the Guardian's rush to the Guardian's ship when a news report shows Vance Astro's modern self being in the ship with their crewmate Martinex.
Teleporting the ship into space, Vance explains to all the events that would lead to the events that led to the Guardian's future: An invasion by Martians, followed by the overthrow of the Martians by Killraven and his Freemen, followed by a universal alliance, Vance Astro's revival in the 31st Century, and the later invasion by the Badoon which saw their rulership over the Earth.
After finishing his tale, Dr. Strange erases young Vance's memories and returns him to Earth, Dr. Strange then uses his magic powers to transport them to the 31st Century.
- Letters (story pages): Saladino (uncredited) page 1, Mantlo pages 2-18.
- The Guardians' home-era is stated as the year 3015.
- Vance recollects major events in the history of Earth-691, from 1982 to 3015.
- The infant Centaurian in the flashback does not have a tahlei.
- Flashbacks to this story appeared in Paradise X #1.
- The events on the cover do not occur in the corresponding the story.
- The appearance of cyborgs in the 1990s led to the belief that Deathlok was from Earth-691, but this idea was dismissed and put to rest in The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Alternate Universes 2005. Deathlok is from Earth-7484.
- This is the first mention of a Killraven in the Guardians' timeline. It was not made official that the KR from Amazing Adventures Vol. 2 was the same individual until The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Alternate Universes 2005.
- A flashback here is the only appearance to date of a female Pluvian. It is also the first appearance of a female Centaurian. Significantly, it is also the first appearance of Mercurians, predating Nikki's introduction in Marvel Presents #4 a year later.
- The blurb at the end of the story is the first reference to Starhawk in print. Interestingly, it includes a definite article, "The Starhawk".
- This issue contains a letters page, Defenders Dialogue. Letters are published from Jo Duffy, Mark Murphy and Dan McCarron.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Defenders Vol 1 26 on the forums
- 5 Image(s) from Defenders Vol 1 26
- 1 Reprints of Defenders Vol 1 26
Links and References
|Like this? Let us know!|