- We shall have no violence here. Is that clear?
Appearing in "Three Worlds to Conquer!"
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Jack Norriss
- Starhawk (First appearance)
- Brotherhood of Badoon
- Goozoot's Robots
- Zinnia (First appearance)
- Goozot (First appearance)
- Goozotians (First appearance)
Races and Species:
Synopsis for "Three Worlds to Conquer!"
While preparing to send a landing party to the Earth to fight the Badoon, the teleportation device is interfered with sending Valkyrie, Vance Astro, Hulk, and Yondu to different locations. Valkyrie and Vance end on the world ruled by the female gender of the Badoon race. There they are attacked by a group of them and although Val is seriously injured, they fight off their attackers and are saved by a mysterious glowing entity.
The Hulk and Yondu are taken to a world ruled by Goozot, and are taken prisoner after an altercation with the planets robot defenders. While back aboard the Captain America, Dr. Strange and Martinex use a combination of science and magic to destroy the Badoon's probe, prompting them to launch an attack. While on the female Brood world, the mysterious figure -- revealing itself as Starhawk, uses his powers to heal Valkyrie of her injuries. Meanwhile, Hulk and Yondu are sentenced by Goozot to compete in his planets gladiator games. And back aboard the Captain America, the remaining Defenders and Guardians are called to arms when the ship is invaded by a Badoon army.
- This issue contains a letters page, Defenders Dialogue. Letters are published from J. Marc DeMatteis, Rob Landfert, Ken Norris and Ed McCarthy.
- The twist that the creatures Valkyrie and Vance fight are female Badoon is spoiled on this issue's cover.
|Like this? Let us know!|